News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Chris Munoz

Met Golfer/Bayonne Golf Club
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:25:38 PM »
Just finished reading a article in the Oct/Nov. issue of The Met Golfer, regarding Bayonne GC.  From what pics the article had, the course looks interesting and fun.  Greens are large and the course looks green, for what weather we experienced here in the northeast.  The only thing that caught my eye, were the tee markers, that look just like the flag sticks at Merion GC.  I don't like that.  I thin they are copying what Merion did, and every golf club and country club should have there own way of marking out a golf course and presenting it to the personel eye.  Just seeing what the rest have to say about the article, if any reads it in the next couple of weeks.

Muni
Christian C. Munoz
Assistant Superintendent Corales
PUNTACANA Resort & Club
www.puntacana.com

Mike_Sweeney

Re:Met Golfer/Bayonne Golf Club
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
The only thing that caught my eye, were the tee markers, that look just like the flag sticks at Merion GC.  I don't like that.  I thin they are copying what Merion did, and every golf club and country club should have there own way of marking out a golf course and presenting it to the personel eye.  

Well then, Merion needs to get rid of the baskets because Hugh Wilson copied it from a course in the U.K.!! And Winged Foot can send back their logo to the New York Athletic Club.

While were at it National should rip up the replica holes, and Yale should smooth out that 9th green which was copied from a bunch of Frenchies.  ;)

Robert Mercer Deruntz

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 08:11:56 PM »
An interesting mention in the article has an initiation fee of $150,000.  This is quite a bit different than the 1 million to 750,000 that was floating around as a rumor.  Curious about how many members he intends to have at that price.  I would imagine that the course cost at least 30-40 million to build with land and brownfield capping expenses.

Matt_Ward

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 08:24:15 PM »
Robert:

The "rumor" you mentioned never came from the Bergstol camp with Bayonne GC. The initiation number has always been in the range of $150,000 to the best of my knowledge.

You may be confusing the floating numbers for the neighboring Liberty National GC in Jersey City.

Voytek Wilczak

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 11:18:10 PM »
There were no rumors about Bayonne Golf Club. The initiation fee was $100K pre-construction and higher afterwards (perhaps $150K).

Liberty National in JC is asking for half a mil to join if you're an individual and three quarter mil if you're a company.

I doubt they will hit these numbers but that's another matter.

PS. I think that the juxtaposition of the dramatic Ballybunion-like dunes and the industrial cranes and buildings (as depicted in the article) is pretty cool. Eric Bergstol has some major cojones to build this thing on that site.

PS. A new article in Fortune on Liberty National, a new course a few miles away from Bayonne but different in many ways...

http://www.fortune.com/fortune/personalfortune/articles/0,15114,1113415,00.html
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 01:23:37 PM by Voytek Wilczak »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back