News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Peter_Herreid

Good evening, all!

I wanted to mention that this event is being held again this year to benefit the Special Olympics of Massachusetts, on Tuesday, October 11th, 2005 at 10.30am.

There were many GCA'ers who were able to attend last year, and it was a fun afternoon of golf, chatter and exploration of a true American classic course, all for a great cause.  Myopia was a real eye-opener in terms of architecture, and last year the leaves were just starting to turn as well, so it was a treat all around...

The cost this year is $400, and includes 18 holes of golf (you play your own ball in/best two scores per group), lunch, dinner, tee prizes (includes golf shoes this year), etc..

I want to stress that I have no personal stake in this event whatsoever, and my only function is to bring the date and the possibility to the attention of this group.

However, it was a fantastic day last year and it would be great to get as many of us to attend as possible.  We have one foursome (at least) already set, and many of the other returnees are hoping to be there...

As of this date, there may still be spots available for golfers, so I would encourage you to contact the tournament co-ordinator ASAP.

Deb Maguire, Regional Office Administrator
Robins, Kaplan, Miller and Ciresi
111 Huntington Ave, Suite 1300
Boston, MA 02199
617-267-2300
djmaguire@rkmc.com

Again, please contact Ms. Maguire directly for more info and questions, but if you are able to attend, please let her know that you heard about the event from me, or from the GCA community, and she will try to combine some of us into additional foursomes.

Hope to see you there!

John Kirk

Re:Special Olympics of Massachusetts Outing at the Myopia Hunt Club 10/11/05
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 10:38:33 PM »
Peter,

Thanks for the notice.

I can't make it out there, though I would dearly love one round at Myopia Hunt Club.

Keep in touch.

JK

DTaylor18

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »
I participated in this outing with Peter and others last year and it was a blast.  A well run outing for a good cause on a wonderful golf course. It's like going back in time.  I too am playing in it again this year and hope many can join us.

Billsteele

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 01:10:42 PM »
I too will make the trip back to Myopia in October. What a unique, quirky (in a good way) and enjoyable golf course. Deb Maguire e-mailed me last week and told me the event was filling up fast. So , if anyone is interested, I would contact her quickly. At Yale, Jim Keever reminded me that last year we had perfect British Isles golf weather for the event: at varying times it was cold, wet, overcast and, at the end of the day, the sun made an appearance. As others have mentioned, Myopia is a special place and this is a worthwhile way of experiencing the club.

ed_getka

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 02:06:46 PM »
Peter,
  Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Myopia is very high on my courses to see list, but unfortunately I fly home to Calif. that day. :'( Otherwise I would have joined you in a second.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Peter_Herreid

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 10:10:10 AM »
bump

Keith Durrant

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 04:43:34 PM »
Bill, Peter, all the best with this event - sorry I cant make it this year. I'm sure you'll have another great day and hopefully better weather (although the sherry consomme certainly went down a treat). I'm sure you have been hoaning your games in preparation for "beat the Pro" :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 04:44:04 PM by Keith Durrant »

JDoyle

Because of some unforeseen events I will now not be able to attend this outing.  It is a great opportunity to support a worthy charity and a chance to play one of the best courses in the country.  For those of us who appreciate course architecture it doesn't get much better than Myopia.

Please contact me if directly if you are interested in participating in this sold out event.

Peter_Herreid

Final bump on this...

As of yesterday, there were still a handful of openings for this event, either by contacting Jonathan Doyle (information in the previous post) or the tournament co-ordinator Deb Maguire directly...

Now that it is only a few days away, perhaps folks' schedules are better known now...

Hope to see you there!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back