News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ronald Montesano

Monroe Golf Club Tour (Not A Traditional GCA Tour)
« on: June 09, 2015, 03:12:51 PM »
Monroe is a Donald J. Ross, jr. golf club in Pittsford, NY. It is not far from Oak Hill, CCRochester and Irondequoit. I'm doing some work this week on the Monroe Invitational and made it out to the course between raindrops today. Here is a link to individual-hole slideshows of the front nine. When I get the back up tomorrow, I'll post another link.

Link: http://wp.me/p20nYT-38T
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Ian Andrew

Re: Monroe Golf Club Tour (Not A Traditional GCA Tour)
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 06:18:50 PM »
We have a reciprocal there.
So I played there a few weeks back.

There are some real gems found throughout with the 5th landing and 7th green site being my personal favorites
The par threes are particularly strong with the last couple being tough as nails.
The 13th is incredible, but tough at that distance

I found it a tough place to play without getting in lost of trouble once you miss ...
Loved it, prefer it over all the local talent.
With every golf development bubble, the end was unexpected and brutal....

archie_struthers

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 08:38:48 PM »

We have a real Monroe expert on board in PGert, hope he chimes in !

Keith OHalloran

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 08:40:57 PM »
Monroe really is a great golf course. The work they have completed including tree removal has been really good.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 11:18:12 AM »
Back on topic - Monroe is fantastic.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 03:16:09 PM »
Have a look at the back nine at Monroe: http://wp.me/p20nYT-3a0

Also, have a look at the leaderboard: http://www.monroeinvitational.com/leader/

Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 03:59:29 PM »
I was at the game sitting across from Golden State 25 rows up. In Charlotte airport now. Great trip. On the architecture side I wore my New South Wales shirt in support of Delly.

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 08:06:47 AM »
We have a reciprocal there.
So I played there a few weeks back.

There are some real gems found throughout with the 5th landing and 7th green site being my personal favorites
The par threes are particularly strong with the last couple being tough as nails.
The 13th is incredible, but tough at that distance

I found it a tough place to play without getting in lost of trouble once you miss ...
Loved it, prefer it over all the local talent.

Ian,

The first three holes offer visible landing areas at Monroe. Then you reach numbers 4 and 5 and you  find yourself with two, literal over-the-top tee shots. The reward for taking the proper angle is marvelous, but the penalty causes deeper thinking on the recovery.

Number 13 is a splendid, one-shot hole. It is challenging at that distance. I would like to see 13 or 16 play at 170, to offer 213, 193, 170 and 149 as the yardages on the 4 one-shot holes. It seems to me that a golfer would hit the same club on 13 and 16 on a windless day. Each plays that slight bit of an uphill to a table top.

Of the 14 two- and three-shot holes, I count 10 as being ramrod straight. Only the number 5 is a hard dogleg, with 4 being a slight bender and 9 bending at the very end.

I think that my personal favorite is 17, with the green sighted below the fairway crest, just beyond the cross bunkers. An attractive but narrow target, with a great vista beyond.

I would love to see the course remove about 100 critical trees, so that you could view the expanse of the course in one glance.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back