News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

A.G._Crockett

O.T.-Hole Handicaps
« on: September 18, 2005, 08:41:56 PM »
If one wanted to analyze the validity of the various handicap numbers of holes on a given golf course, should average scores be used as absolute numbers or compared to par?  

Suppose, for instance, that the average score on a par 3 is 3.7, and the average score on a par 5 is 5.5.  The par five will always have the lower hole handicap number, it seems, yet it is easier relative to par than the par 3.  Is this an instance where par is disregarded and the absolute numbers are compared?

Thanks in advance; I feel like I should know this already!  ???
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

CHrisB

Re:O.T.-Hole Handicaps
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 08:54:46 PM »

A.G._Crockett

Re:O.T.-Hole Handicaps
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 08:59:28 PM »
Chris,
Thanks; I'm not sure how I missed that.  At any rate, it answers all my questions.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back