News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

Anyone else enter the Golf Mag. contest?
« on: September 14, 2005, 07:22:11 PM »
And do you see any reason to not post our entries on here to discuss now? Should we wait?

I can't say I loved my design. I'm better at finding solutions given a more formulated problem, maybe a topo or something. Creating something out of nothing is not a strength of mine.

I seem to recall Tom saying they were only going to forward a limited number of entries to him to evaluate, so it's more likely the only way Tom's seeing my entry is on here.

:)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tom_Doak

Re:Anyone else enter the Golf Mag. contest?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 07:39:55 PM »
George:

I am supposed to receive the final batch of entries to judge at the end of next week, so I won't look at this thread until I'm finished.

Norbert P

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 01:37:05 PM »
George, is there a link to that contest?

(BTW . . . Does Tasmania still beckon?)
"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

George Pazin

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2005, 02:47:49 PM »
Slag -

I don't know if a link exists, but the deadline for contest entries is today at midnight (actually 11:59 pm EST or EDT).

Tasmania sings her siren's song to me daily, but I'm too wrapped up in my little guy to pay heed. Someday in the not too too distant future I hope to be able to listen and be lured into her charms.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 04:24:58 PM »
I know there is no link, but does anyone know if they have to be postmarked today or received today? Thanks.

George Pazin

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 04:36:49 PM »
According to my reading of the rules (and keep in mind I suffer from eternal skimming), the entries have to be received by 11:59 p.m. on September 15, 2005.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM »
Shame there is no link.  Otherwise a Brit might have entered.  Didn't one A. MacKenzie once do rather well in one of these contests?

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2005, 04:54:08 PM »
Oh well. I'll post mine anyway -- even though it didn't get sent in.

George Pazin

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 05:42:37 PM »
That's the spirit, Tony. I'm always amazed at how few on this site participate in this sort of exercise.

I'm posting mine Monday, so everyone can rip it to shreds.

:)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back