News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

Re:This could be interesting ... (yes ... OT)
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2005, 03:43:58 PM »
A small ray of light shines in La Habra today. (Sung to, "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn)

THuckaby2

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2005, 03:52:38 PM »
Good man, ye who was giving up as of yesterday.  How soon you forget how truly awful the Giants' starting pitching is....

Now Penny v. Tomko tonight?  Of course anything can happen and god knows we may blow it, but man I like that matchup.

Now all I can say is GO SENATORS!

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2005, 04:07:04 PM »
Huck,
I'm wearing my Dodger underwear, a Dodger logo shirt, Dodger trousers and even my shoe laces are Dodger logoed. The only reason why I'm not wearing a LA logo hat is that I don't wear hats inside the house.

Giving-up was never even a part of it, especially when taking on those bastard Giants.

Go Blue!

THuckaby2

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »
Good man.  I apologize for doubting you... but your posts yesterday did have a bit of give up in them.. and predicting a sweep by the Giants?  Well of course betwen us Dodger fans we can say that to each other as we share our disgust, but man you don't utter that in a public place - especially not where Benham can hear you.

;D

Mike_Golden

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2005, 04:20:01 PM »
A small ray of light shines in La Habra today. (Sung to, "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn)

My Dear Thomas,

For you to be even thinking about anything beyond the final day of the season for a team 12 games under .500 is the golf architecture equivalent of saying 'the Norman course at PGA
West is interesting, sporty, and strategically relevant' :'(

Just remember, any team that has Jeff Weaver on it is doomed to failure-I guarantee it :-*

THuckaby2

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2005, 04:24:14 PM »
In a division where 3-4 games under .500 may get one a playoff spot, one takes what one can get.  But yes, this is a rather horrible year.

And Jeff Weaver has pitched pretty damn well this year.  Don't think the Yankees wouldn't take him back in a heartbeat right now?

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2005, 04:32:36 PM »
Huck,
I tried telling Mike that about Weaver yesterday while on the phone. He didn't buy it. The Dodgers had a chance to get Weaver cheap earlier this season by offering him a really low contract--he would have taken it. Now he'll probably be back with the Stinkees @ $12 Million a year!  ;D

THuckaby2

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2005, 04:52:24 PM »
Damn right - I can absolutely see him in pinstripes again, at a very high price.

And a look at the stats is all it takes to see how well he's pitched this year... but we can forgive Mike G. because Weaver did set new standards for flaming out during his first go-round in the Bronx.

;D

Mike_Golden

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2005, 05:37:45 PM »
My Dear Thomas(es),

I speak for all true Yankees fans when I say that we would no sooner take Jeff Weaver back than limit ourselves to Dominos Pizza forever.

He sucks, will always suck, and everytime he throws one of those flat sliders I want to throw (up).

Give me Aaron Small, Shawn Chacon, Chien Ming Wang, hell even Chou En Lai anyday over that meatball.  And, by the way, I'm willing to bet his brother will be just as pathetic in the clutch if he ever makes it to the big leagues.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 05:38:57 PM by Mike Golden »

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2005, 09:19:27 PM »
Don't talk about Pizza. I'm dying for a slice! :)

(But I'll take a salad instead!)

Mike_Golden

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2005, 11:04:53 PM »
Tommy,

If you're going to have a slice, at least have a good one ::)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back