News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

David Toms Hospitalized
« on: September 16, 2005, 08:36:30 AM »
I was surprised that I didnt see anyone having posted anything about David Toms medical situation yesterday at the 84 Lumber Tournament.

I was struggling to find out any information late last night when I saw ESPN scroll across the bottom of the screen that "David Toms hospitalized in critical condition".  

Toms had a heart "condition" occur about 1/2 way through his round and was taken by ambulance to a local hospital.  From there he was taken by helicopter to a Pittsburgh hospital where he was in critical condition initially I guess.  He was downgraded to stable and kept overnight.

Pretty wild stuff.  Did anyone see the TV coverage yesterday and did it happen while they were on the air?

I have played Mystic Rock, and Pete Dye certainly can give you heart palpatations with some of those tee shots.

I hope all is well for David.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Ian Andrew

Re:David Toms Hospitalized
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 08:57:15 AM »
 I though I understood he had a rapid pulse rate for an extended period of time, and they took him to the hospital immediately because it would not slow.

Greg Holland

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 09:13:46 AM »
Local paper this morning indicated that he was now in "good condition."  Scary stuff.  Hopefully, he will be fine.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 03:18:55 PM »
Tigers everywhere are hoping all is well for our proud golfing Tiger. I know he will be fine for the Tennessee game next weekend.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 03:19:30 PM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

Brad Klein

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 03:23:14 PM »
Next weekend, I presume during the Tennessee football game, Toms will be at RTJ GC playing for the President's Cup.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 03:25:06 PM »
Brad or will he? lol He at the worst will be in front of a TV at 7:45 PM eastern.

PThomas

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 03:45:41 PM »
yea but since those guys play so slow you never know... ;)
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 05:12:43 PM »
check out http://www.davidtomsfoundation.com/

He's doing great things to help others.

Here's what's posted on the website:
David is in very good condition and will likely be released from the hospital late this afternoon. The doctors feel they have found the problem and it is something that is both treatable and curable. As of now, David still plans to play in next week’s President’s Cup. David and his family would like to express their thanks to everyone for all their prayers and support. We will continue to post updates as they become available.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 05:13:20 PM by Dan Herrmann »

George Pazin

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 05:40:51 PM »
I think they reported today during the ESPN telecast that he was released. I'm kinda bummed - I was thinking about dropping by with cookies.

Sorry to hear this about someone who truly seems like one of the good guys.

I hope everyone takes a moment to appreciate how fragile life can be. Earlier today I had such a moment, when spending some time with a friend who lost her husband, one of my good friends and a 5 star guy, to cancer. Her son, 16 months old, born 5 months after his dad passed away, looked up at me and called me dad. My friend said, no, that's George. I had to fight back tears as I picked up my own little guy.

Appreciate the good in life, and understand that the bad is probably not as bad as you think.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back