GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

The Doak Scale

<< < (5/5)

David_Tepper:
Andrew Biggadike -

Are you the fellow who won the Carnegie Shield at Royal Dornoch just a few weeks ago? If so - congratualations for a job VERY well done!

Are you presently in the SF Bay Area? What brings you here?

DT
(a fellow RDGC Struie member)

AndrewB:

--- Quote from: David_Tepper on August 30, 2005, 12:20:57 AM ---Are you the fellow who won the Carnegie Shield at Royal Dornoch just a few weeks ago? If so - congratualations for a job VERY well done!

--- End quote ---

Yes, that's me.  Thanks very much .. it certainly was a lot of fun.

--- Quote from: David_Tepper on August 30, 2005, 12:20:57 AM ---Are you presently in the SF Bay Area? What brings you here?

--- End quote ---

I just moved here (Palo Alto) to start a job.  It's nice to hear there's another RDGC Struie member in the area -- where is "here" for you?

I'm trying to play a few of the local courses before I start work next week.  Do you have any suggestions?

Andrew

Mike Benham:

--- Quote from: Andrew Biggadike on August 30, 2005, 12:12:30 AM ---What are the other SF Baylands courses you are referring to?

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the land of year-round golf, reasonable temperatures, unaffordable housing and Google-aires ...

Metropolitan near the Oakland Airport and Monarch Bay, just south of the Oakland Airport in San Leandro are both better than PA Muni from a GCA view (I grew up on PA Muni ... ).

Shoreline in Mountain View is fair and I would avoid Skywest in Hayward ... both PA Muni and Skywest will semi-flood during a heavy rain in the winter as they are almost below sea level.

And with these Bayland courses, a brisk breeezeis usually a factor ... amazingly enough, each of these courses is near an airport ;)

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version