News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Scott_Burroughs

Photos of The Concession, Bradenton, FL
« on: February 26, 2009, 09:05:05 AM »
I figured with the Concession vs. Ballyneal thread, I'd throw out my pics of The Concession, The
Nicklaus design (w/Tony Jacklin consulting) in Bradenton, FL, though this tour posted by Eric Smith in
the other thread is much prettier:  http://www.nicklausmanor.com/hole_by_hole.html#

You can get the yardages on these holes from the above thread....and I played the Blues

#1, par 4, tee shot:

approach:

#2, par 4 approach:

#3, par 5 tee shot, w/tree in FW:

2nd shot, w/several central bunkers:

#4, par 3:

#6, par 3:

#7, par 5, dogleg left, tee shot:

r/r 2nd shot:

approach:

#9, par 4 tee shot, w/tree dead center (and close):

approach:

#10, par 4 tee shot:

#12, driveable par 4:

#13, par 5, 2nd shot:

#15, par 4, tee shot:

#17, par 5, tee shot:

approach:

#18, par 4, approach:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 09:45:27 AM by Scott_Burroughs »

Phil McDade

Re: Photos of The Concession
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 09:09:18 AM »
Lotta forced carries off the tee, it looks like -- in the typical Nicklaus style?

Andy Troeger

Re: Photos of The Concession
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:23:04 AM »
Phil,
Interestingly enough I didn't notice the forced carries when I was playing, but you're right. #4, 5, 10, 11, 15, 16 at least. Most of the others aren't that significant and often the shorter tees are angled to lessen the carry.

The photos don't show the huge fall offs from some of the greens, especially on the shorter holes. You can kind of see the one on #3 to the left of the green.

Jon Wiggett

Re: Photos of The Concession, Bradenton, FL
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 02:40:04 AM »
It maybe just me but the modelling shown in the photos all looks very similar in its flow, roundness and structure.

Chris Ord

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 02:42:38 PM »
what happens on #9 if you hit that tree on your tee shot -- is there any play out of the scrub, or do you have to reload?  is there a route around the tree?  seems like if you're going to put a tree in the dead center of someone's line, they shouldn't be overly penalized.

Cliff Hamm

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 03:57:31 PM »
What struck me is that three holes (7, 9 and 13) have trees in play.  Far from my favorite architectural hazard. A bit unusual it seems to have three holes with trees as such.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 07:37:28 PM »
I actually like the tree on #13 a lot--its just enough to mess with your head a little. The best lay-up would be well left of it anyway. Makes you think.

The ones on #9 are a little surprising in that there's not really a good way around other than the bunt out to the left that would make it almost impossible to reach the green on the second shot and it is scrub underneath. We all cleared it, but I think one could find and play the ball most of the time--just not from a particularly good spot.

For most golfers going "around" on #7, I'm guessing those trees probably don't have a significant impact, but I did hit my tee shot way right so I didn't get a great view from the fairway.

Damon Groves

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 12:42:35 PM »
I have not played Concession but have Ballyneal and these seem to be two very different courses. From the photos I will say that I do like the bunkering at Concession but without playing it hard to comment on anything else. As for Ballyneal, a fantastic course that was a ton of fun to play.

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 11:28:14 PM »
What struck me is that three holes (7, 9 and 13) have trees in play.  Far from my favorite architectural hazard. A bit unusual it seems to have three holes with trees as such.

Make that 4 holes....check out the tee shot on #3 above.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back