News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Lorne Rubenstein is back in Dornoch
« on: June 29, 2005, 01:25:54 PM »
Nice article by Lorne Rubenstein at golfobserver.com:

www.golfobserver.com/features/lorne/lorne_dornoch.html

Brent Hutto

Re:Lorne Rubenstein is back in Dornoch
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 01:38:11 PM »
Sigh...

Just read the linked article. My new mantra is "My day will come. My day will come."

Paul Richards

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 05:02:35 PM »
Nice article from a good man in a great place.

;)
"Something has to change, otherwise the never-ending arms race that benefits only a few manufacturers will continue to lead to longer courses, narrower fairways, smaller greens, more rough, more expensive rounds, and other mechanisms that will leave golf's future in doubt." -  TFOG

Greg Beaulieu

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 06:25:03 PM »
Nice article from a good man in a great place.

;)

Indeed. A few years ago I was working in government and was asked to look into the proposed Inverness Links project in Cape Breton. Info was scarce, to say the least, except that the proponents were keen on having Dr. Michael Hurdzan design the place. I found some comments attributed to him that struck me a bit odd (and sorry, I can't reall the specific reason why right now).

Lorne's Globe & Mail column was on my desk and had his email address at the bottom. I thought, what the heck, and sent him a note explaining my problem and could he offer me any insight about Dr. Hurdzan?

While I was out, he called and left a voicemail. He was in Florida for the first few months of the year, he said, but would love to talk to me, and gave me his cellphone number. I called and we had an absolutely marvellous conversation. He didn't know me from Adam, but took a lot of time with me. At the time he explained that he had just got back from Dornoch, expressed his love for the place, and ventured that I should go if I ever had the chance. By the time our call was ready to end it was like I was talking to an old friend I hadn't spoken with in a while. I really enjoyed our conversation and was stunned at his generosity of time.

Great guy, absolutely.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back