News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Sweeney

Sand Hills Pics - June 05
« on: June 29, 2005, 09:00:18 AM »
First off at Sand Hills:

Mike, Ran and Gene

Gene and Christian Greco
Christian had the best pure swing of the group and was a great kid to put up with this crew

Neil Regan, Pat Mucci, Huck, Tom Paul, Ran Morrisett, Gene Greco, Mike Sweeney, George Bahto

Missing from picture out on the course:  Christian and Bob Huntley

Ben's Porch
Chris, Huck, Ran, Pat, Gene, Bob Huntley

The required pictures of Huck and the challenge of #4 bunker (this was not staged!)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 09:01:44 AM by Mike Sweeney »

Brad Swanson

Re:Sand Hills Pics - June 05
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 09:08:26 AM »
Why is it that the Sand Hills GC experience produces some of the most genuine happy faces you ever see in pics posted to GCA?  

Cheers,
Brad Swanson  

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 09:10:58 AM »
Wait a second:

Huck missed a fairway?  

C'mon.  This is a hoax, right?? ;)

The bunker is near the green, he still could have hit the fairway with his drive.   ;)

I didn't know Ran was on this trip.  He wasn't mentioned as being at the Wild Horse day.  I sure hope he made it there.

I think Pat and Neil forgot the sunscreen....

Mike Hendren

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 09:51:19 AM »
I just hope Huckaby entered and exited that bunker at its low point, as any gentleman golfer is taught to do.  If so, he is certainly eligible for the Japanese Rock Gardener Hall of Fame after raking his footprints.

Nice bucket lid.

Poor Christian.  Perhaps years of therapy will undo the damage inflicted by that crowd.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 09:51:38 AM by Bogey_Hendren »
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Steve_Roths

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 10:09:57 AM »
For a second there I thought Christian Greco had the first sighting of a Sebonack logo on GCA.  

THuckaby2

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 10:20:49 AM »
Neil is a master of capturing moments.... he's also a master of the 190 yard uphill putt, but that's another story....

To say a good time was had by all is the understatement of the century.  I don't know when or if I'll recover from all this - or if I want to.  But to clarify a few things:

1.  Oh yes, I found my way into the crater of all craters, the massive blowout to the left of the green on the mighty #4.  It was on a playing from the beastly 485 yard double-diamond tees, into the wind... I had 220 left, into the wind, uphill, and I beat a 3wood that didn't cut as it was supposed to.  Hit the middle part of the crater, just a few feet in, rolled all the way to the bottom.  Neil was merciful not showing the first shot - pictured are the 2nd and third it took me to get out.  And no, I didn't go all the way back to the bottom and rake, because that part is not bunker - just smooth over footprints there... I did nearly kill myself raking back halfway down though.

2.  I got my revenge on this hole though... birdied it from the double-diamonds early yesterday morning.  Also birdied it from those tees in my solo church nine, but heck that doesn't count, no one was there to see it.  Team Greco witnessed my birdie yesterday.... And let me concur in saying that young Christian Greco is a great golfer, but an even better kid.  If I learned anything this trip - beyond how to hit a wedge shot solidly (thank you Mr. Mucci) - it's some darn fine parenting skills and tips.  I'd be honored and proud if my 7 year old turns out to be half the mature, well-mannered, great kid that is Christian Greco.

3.  I refuse to reveal the secret of Pat Mucci, but it was as I had always expected... shhh... ok don't tell anyone... but he's a hell of a great guy, damn fun to play golf with, damn fun to just listen to!  He just wants you to think otherwise based on posts on here.  ;)

4.  Neil Regan never met a shot that he couldn't do in a more fun way...

5.  So much more to say and I'm sure I will do so.. but for now, I shall end with this:  I used to think Sand Hills was the greatest course on the planet.  I don't think so any more.

I now broaden this to any and all possible universes.

There are golf courses, and there is Sand Hills.

TH

ps - what's with the nick-names?  

THuckaby2

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 10:21:42 AM »
For a second there I thought Christian Greco had the first sighting of a Sebonack logo on GCA.  

You are correct in that - good catch!  Young Christian is wearing a Sebonack logo hat.

TH

RJ_Daley

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2005, 10:24:04 AM »
What's up with G?  He looks like he's been in an offseason weight training program.  Has he still got a shot at a linebacker position? ;) ;D 8)
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

THuckaby2

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2005, 10:26:24 AM »
RJD - Gene lives well, as do myself and Tony Chapman and many others at our gatherings.

;D ;D ;D

TEPaul

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2005, 10:29:54 AM »
Here's a bit of factual information that just might blow away the website of GOLFCLUBATLAS.com;

Ran Morrissett's hat size is 8 1/2!!!

That's the biggest head I've ever heard of in my life! For posterity and hisltorical interest I think someone should find out if what's in there is mostly brains or warm air.

;)

THuckaby2

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2005, 10:30:09 AM »
Aha - gotcha.

Not that there is any need to distinguish from any other Huckabys - thank god - but if there were I'd have to be....

"Skulled-Iron"

I was gonna be "Chunk-Wedge" but Mucci fixed that for me.

TH

Mike Benham

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2005, 10:48:41 AM »
pit-y

- Sympathy and sorrow aroused by the misfortune or suffering of another.
[/i]

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Tony_Chapman

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2005, 10:52:14 AM »
RJD - Gene lives well, as do myself and Tony Chapman and many others at our gatherings.

;D ;D ;D

Hey - With burgers like we got, how can you blame us!! Glad you guys had a blast. Thanks for Saturday!! Right up there with Addison being born, marrying my wife, and my dad, brother and me at Prairie Dunes that was one of THE great days of my time on Earth.

BTW - Huck, with your suggestion of SH being the best in ALL universes could we surmise that Neil Armstrong was left of #4 in 1968???

THuckaby2

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2005, 11:03:52 AM »
Mike - oh would that Huntley was in the group to witness my misfortune.  Of course he does reserve the "pity" line for missed birdie putts usually, and not the true greek tragedies like me left of #4.   ;)

Tony - that was one hell of a fun round at Wild Horse with you my friend... and you weren't in the wooga much that I saw!  I'd call you "Pipe it down the middle and kick ass on visitors" Chapman, if you ask me.  

Brian - oh yes, if the real personalities ever showed up here, what a loving place it would be.  But where's the fun in that?

;)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2005, 11:12:15 AM »

Yeah Huck, that is true.  And, some of us 'many others' are obviously living more well if we go by the ratio of double chin to waist size... err, ahem ::)  But that G fellow is looking like he could yank the teeth out of a sabre sooth tiger!  I thought they were extinct now in those South Hampton regions... ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Allan Long

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2005, 11:22:34 AM »
Huck,

You didn't find a Titleist 2 with a blue dot in that bunker did you? :D

Anyway, love that hat. Hope you guys had some of Tom's wonderful burgers while on the Porch.
I don't know how I would ever have been able to look into the past with any degree of pleasure or enjoy the present with any degree of contentment if it had not been for the extraordinary influence the game of golf has had upon my welfare.
--C.B. Macdonald

THuckaby2

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2005, 11:33:17 AM »
Pull-hook... damn... all I did find was my own ball.. and that was sad enough!

Oh yes, burgers were enjoyed each day... not doing so would be a crime.

;D

PThomas

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2005, 02:03:33 PM »
the vastness, "open-ness", and "never-ending ness "in the pictures of SH are stunning! :)
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2005, 02:37:07 PM »
My caddie Lee was now 4 years older from when he carried my bag last trip. He is now headed to the University of Nebraska, and the people of Nebraska are some of the nicest you will ever meet.

Christian on the 9th from Ben's Porch:

In Nebraska, even Notre Dame and Boston College grads can get along. Now that "The Bet" has been settled, anyone want an XXL Warren Course shirt and ND hat that has only been used once.  ;)

« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 02:37:42 PM by Mike Sweeney »

Mike Benham

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2005, 02:40:47 PM »
Looks like someone isn't ready to concede that last putt ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

PThomas

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 02:42:51 PM »
being a rabid Notre Dame hater, I might make you an offer on that shirt Mike if it only says Warren course and NOT ND on it..

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 02:45:24 PM »
My caddie Lee was now 4 years older from when he carried my bag last trip. He is now headed to the University of Nebraska, and the people of Nebraska are some of the nicest you will ever meet.

Mike,

That's not exactly the whole story.

As you know, I spoke to Lee at length.
He admitted that he had abandoned caddying about four (4) years ago.  His loop with you, four years ago, was the last straw.
He said he saw more of Sand Hills in that round with you then TEPaul saw in a pickup truck surveying the Constellation routing all afternoon.
[/color]

In Nebraska, even Notre Dame and Boston College grads can get along. Now that "The Bet" has been settled, anyone want an XXL Warren Course shirt and ND hat that has only been used once.  ;)

Mike,

I believe that you're forgetting something.

The BET was that you had to wear that outfit on August 22nd at The Creek.

So, don't dispose of that outfit yet.
[/color]

Hack Benham,

That was just a formality.

Through bitter experience, Mike Sweeney and Tom Huckaby learned to concede any putt under 10 feet.

Gene Grecco and I had a great match with them.

And, I only took out enough to win.

Paul Thomas,

I understand your pain.
Unfortunately, it will last and haunt you forever.

P.S.  The ND logo is on the shirt and was proudly displayed by Mike Sweeney, a man of his word.
[/color]

« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 02:52:23 PM by Patrick_Mucci »

George Pazin

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 02:52:20 PM »
Looks like someone isn't ready to concede that last putt ...

I think they were setting up a photo for a paper on stymies that Pat is submitting to the USGA. :)

As always, thanks everyone for the photos.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

PThomas

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2005, 03:12:28 PM »
Mr. Mucci:  are you a ND alum, or just one of their overzealous fans? ;)

my niece goes to Boston College now so I'm sure I have her pick up a hice hat for you there..... ;)

THuckaby2

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2005, 03:12:36 PM »
Through bitter experience, Mike Sweeney and Tom Huckaby learned to concede any putt under 10 feet.

Gene Grecco and I had a great match with them.

And, I only took out enough to win.

Patrick, it was just a joy to watch you make those putts, that's all.  Concessions would have deprived us of such.

God dammit Mucci can putt - especially putts that matter. Well done, Mr. Berle.  ;D

The painfully experienced,

TH

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back