News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

Wandering Golfer Program
« on: June 29, 2005, 03:06:24 PM »
Check out the attached link:

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/sports/12010186.htm

Seems that the Fine Living Channel's "Wandering Golfer" will be wandering through the Charleston area and Kiawah Island this Thursday at 9pm (EDT).  We spent about 4 hours with Roger Warren in The Sanctuary's Ocean Room bar taping his part.  The host then went out and played The Ocean Course in 30+ mph wind.  (I opted for a afternoon at my desk 8).)  It would be interesting to see if my satellite provider had the Fine Living Network (which it doesn't)!!! ::)

George Pazin

Re:Wandering Golfer Program
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 03:12:41 PM »
I'll try to remember to tape it. I think we get FLN, not that I've ever watched it....
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Brent Hutto

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 03:29:30 PM »
Mike,

I read the article you linked and will check to see if our cable providers offers FLN. The article also mentioned the "Wandering Golfer" playing a speed-golf round at Charleston Muni. By coincidence I played The Muni late Friday afternoon after spectating at the CPC. It would be a good layout for speed golf although it was anything but speedy given the "$7.00 for all you can play after 4:00PM" deal I played under.

That weather delay on Thursday afternoon turned out to be a non-issue on Kiawah but over on James Island at The Muni a pine tree got blown up real good right by the first tee.

So have you ever played the Ocean Course under the kinds of conditions the club pros faced on Friday afternoon and Saturday? If so, did you break 90? 100? It was fun to watch but could not have been fun to play unless your name is Tom Watson.

Mike Vegis @ Kiawah

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 04:56:58 PM »
I played it last summer while the hurricanes were passing off shore in 35+ mph winds with higher gusts.  Balls were being blow around the greens.  Had to factor in a substantial "wind break" into putts.  Absolutely nuts.  It was like hitting myself in the head with a hammer.  It feels so good when I stopped... :-X  After a few holes, no scores were taken.  It was simply a matter of survival...

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back