News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Alex Chehansky

UK Getaway in July
« on: June 13, 2005, 09:11:50 AM »
I will be in Scotland and the UK for three weeks for business and pleasure, business at the Scottish and Open Championships, and pleasure the first week with my father for his 60th.  With that said, I have from July 2-5 free.  I will be in Edinburgh on the 2nd.  I will have already played Kingsbarns, Troon, Prestwick, Turnberry, N Berwick, Gullane, Carnousite and W. Gailes the first week; and need to be in Loch Lomond on the 5th for work at the Barclays Scottish.
I am looking for a suggestion on where to go (not just entirely golf!), anywhere on the continent, Ireland, London and environs....any suggestions?
Also, if anyone is interested in meeting for the Scottish or Open, let me know, I would love to get together...

Bill Gayne

Re:UK Getaway in July
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 09:49:46 AM »
I'll also be attending the Open this year for the first time. Any suggestions from past Open atendees or St. Andrews visitors would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex,

I'll send you an IM.

Philip Gawith

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 11:04:16 AM »
Alex - why don't you go north and play Dornoch and Brora - and maybe pick up Cruden Bay on the way? That is the outstanding ommission in your list, alongside Old Course and Muirfield, and Dornoch is easier to get onto than Muirfield. Also, I don't think anyone has every regretted a visit to Dornoch.

Sounds like you are doing a very comprehensive first take on Scotland, so why not stick with the theme rather than rushing to do something different?

You can then come back down Loch Ness towards Loch Lomond, which is a great drive.

I will be at the Open for the weekend and no doubt many other GCAers. Would be nice to meet up somehow, somewhere...

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 11:22:23 AM »
I agree with a move north for Cruden Bay, Nairn and Royal Dornoch.
I have not played Brora or Tain but they would make nice extra courses. I expect Dornoch will be fullish that week.

ForkaB

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 12:38:44 PM »
Alex

There are going to be a fair number of GCA people in Scotland when you are there.  You have the free time and should by now know what are most of the attractive alternatives available to you and others. Why don't you just choose a day and a venue, arrange for some tee times and see who is interested in joining you?

Cheers

Rich

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 01:12:24 PM »
If you do visit Dornoch try to take in Boat of Garten as you journey south towards Loch Lomond.  It's very beautiful and a load of fun.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back