News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike_Cirba

Re:Quarry at Giants Ridge - A Pictorial
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2005, 11:59:39 AM »
John,

I do hope to make it there as I have friends in Minnesota and it's reasonably close to where I travel for business.  The one course by Jeff I've played (in Myrtle Beach of all places) is very interesting and I'd written it up favorably here years ago.

You don't happen to be the John Kendall who is Director of Golf at Giant's Ridge, do you?

Pete Buczkowski

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 12:38:21 PM »
John,

Thanks for sharing your vast knowledge of the course!  I hope to have the rest of it done by this evening but I can't offer any promises.  Looks like the weather up there is getting very nice.  I was really intrigued by their annual membership - it looks like a hell of a deal!  If I lived closer I would seriously consider a national membership at Northland and that annual program at Giants Ridge.

I don't know that I agree with you about the tips on the course.  I did venture back there on a couple of holes, and kept thinking that I would feel comfortable playing the tips, since the back markers were more elevated and not that much longer than the blues.  The views are very nice but its a haul to get back to some of those boxes (#5 and 13 in particular).  If I had one major negative thing to say about the course its that there are no real uphill tee shots, #6 is a slight exception.  That and the pimple behind #8 green.  ;)

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 02:39:34 PM »
Mike
     No, I'm not that John Kendall, but I know him.

John,

Related?

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back