News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tom Roewer

Re: Courses by McCumber
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2011, 11:39:49 AM »
Ron Garl's website includes Ravines as his design.  I,m pretty sure that McComber(s) possibly owned it at one time

Kris Shreiner

Re: Courses by McCumber
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2011, 03:45:17 PM »
Sadly, the Ravines Course has been closed for several years now. I played it just once and was impressed with its potential. As it was slated for some real estate project, the conditioning was marginal, but quite playable. While there were a few carries, they were modest except for one great par five that was stellar. It was a good mix of holes, most good, and a few standouts. Though McCumber was the designer usually mentioned as the architect, I'm not sure of that. This course was affordable, solid golf with pretty nice on-site accommodations. While being a bit outside Jax, FL., with proper marketing, it could  have been a winner. It's just sitting there, nothing is happening except the regrowth of the scrub and weeds. A shame.
"I said in a talk at the Dunhill Tournament in St. Andrews a few years back that I thought any of the caddies I'd had that week would probably make a good golf course architect. We all want to ask golfers of all abilities to get more out of their games -caddies do that for a living." T.Doak

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back