News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JBergan

Re:Who You Guys Are - To me.
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2005, 06:52:18 PM »
John,

Sounds like we should get together for some golf and wine sometime!  You're in NJ and I'm just west of Philadelphia.

Sounds good to me, as long as you obey PA laws and don't smuggle any wine back across the river.  :P

George Pazin

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2005, 12:29:14 AM »
Sean -

It does sound like Pavin. My dad always says to people, "It rhymes with raisin," which usually elicits a sad shake of the head from one of my sisters.

Yikes, Lee Westwood - my teeth are a lot straighter than that! ;D Often times the same moppish hair, however.

Note: All comparisons to pro golfers are strictly exclusive of golf swings!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2005, 12:49:20 AM by George Pazin »
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

SPDB

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2005, 12:37:03 AM »
George - For some reason, despite the obvious and easy reference for my last name, no one in my family ever resorts to using it. "You know, like the fruit." :P

astavrides

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2005, 12:37:58 AM »

Yikes, Lee Westwood - my teeth are a lot straighter than that! ;D Often times the same moppish hair, however.

Note: All comparisons to pro golfers are strickly exclusive of golf swings!

You're right about the teeth.  You'd think a little cosmetic dentistry wouldn't break his bank.

Buck Wolter

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2005, 11:13:36 AM »
Am I the only one who pictures the late Hunter Thompson whenever he reads a TEPaul post?
Those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience -- CS Lewis

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 03:39:56 PM »
Tommy Naccarato:

-Heavy-set, (Not for long!)

-Dark, (Sense of humor)

-a nerd as a kid. (Describe nerd. Actually, fit into the landscape quite well, and then became a nerd when I found this website. Not in smarts, but more in looks.)

-Super smart, (Proves that I could have been a GREAT actor)

-with a mind that can go anywhere (Actually too many places)

-as can his mouth. (Couldn't agree more. It gets me into trouble a lot.)

-He knows a (very) little about an awful lot. He's fun, and kind, creative and intense. (All which will eventually lead to my demise)

-He's somewhere between David Lean, Tony Soprano and Lee Trevino. (I was hoping more to be like Orson Wells, Tony Soprano and some obscure Scot that no one has ever heard of that once started counting the amount of times he kicked stones back a forth from the point to the town on the Pilmour Links.)

-He has a deep voice and a soft heart. (I should probably be just the opposite; strive for a deeper heart and a softer voice. I know it would make others quite happy if I did.)

James Bennett

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2005, 07:14:08 PM »
Whenever I see a DMoriarty post, I just keep thinking of the Goon Show and Neddy Seagoon - 'damn you Moriarty'.  I also imagine one of the prevalent posters here being that Goon talking about his arch-enemy, the dark Moriarty (sorry DMoriarty, I know from your correspondance that you are not like this).  I assume the Americans on this site understand 'The Goon Show'.  If not, I'm sure the UK element does.  It was a famous BBC radio show, with Spike Milligan and others.

If you want a great, cheap riesling, the Australian rieslings are outstanding.  You need to have the vineyards in the elevated areas, to get the crisp, steely aspect to the wine.  The rieslings from Eden Valley (the high part of the famous Barossa Valley) and the Clare Valley are outstanding, and sell for a ridiculous $12 Oz down here (you can pay more if you wish).  Ask any winemaker and they will tell you that it is the hardest white wine to make, yet it is currently one of the cheapest (something about market forces)  Also, if the weather is too warm, that steely spine disappears.

Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2005, 08:28:27 PM »
James,
Me too.

I think your description of David is spot on--a goon if there ever was one. He's one of my goons.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back