News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony_Nysse

Re:What would you be pondering/thinking?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2005, 05:38:26 PM »
They don't have the "Augusta Syndrome......"
                     or
"Do they have sprinklers?"

(I'm only kidding on both.....)

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Long Cove Club
HHI, SC
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Bill_McBride

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2005, 06:03:04 PM »
For those who have played Black Mesa, this hole is somewhat reminiscent of #12 except not as much uphill.  There is the same feeling of the wide-open spaces, and the same really nice fairway bunker in the corner.

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2005, 09:00:14 PM »
Bill-

This one?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2005, 10:40:11 PM »
Thanks, Adam.  I guess they are really pretty different but the feel is similar.  I would really like to get back to Santa Fe this year.  

Does anybody know what work Baxter Spann has going on?  It was great fun playing with him and getting some insight into the ideas behind many of the holes.

ed_getka

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2005, 05:03:21 PM »
I'm going blind. How on earth did I miss that big ole thing? It looks like a bullet train. I've been on that tee 8 or 10 times and that structure never registered. :P
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Andy Levett

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2005, 05:51:05 PM »
I'm going blind. How on earth did I miss that big ole thing? It looks like a bullet train. I've been on that tee 8 or 10 times and that structure never registered. :P
Ed (and Tom D)
Maybe it's only visible from the elevated angle that shot was taken from and not from the tee?
Incidentally (GCA Ryder Cup mind games coming up, not gratuitous unpleasantness)  what's with NAF's collection of clubs here? I can see him needing the Rescue because it looks a decent thwack to the fairway but what's with the putter?

ed_getka

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2005, 09:02:45 PM »
Andy,
  I'm not sure if thats the back tee on #4, so the building is probably in view even from the square tees. The putter is probably due to the caddy being down near the fairway, and is leftover from putting out on #3, which is a relatively short walk to the tee. Noel would know best, I'm just speculating.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Joe Hancock

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2005, 07:53:33 AM »
I need to apologize to the 3 named individuals in my reply #25. My intent was to ponder how golf and this wonderful setting could transcend pain and hate and discord. I should have been more sensitive to the fellows I used as an example in my reply.

My apologies,

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back