News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy_Naccarato

I totally enjoy the passion of this website, as divided as it can get.

I awoke from the mild three-hour slumber I took this morning in a cold sweat. I had one nanosecond of a electronic impulse in my brain shortly before I had awoken (a dream) and it was hopefully not a extra-sensory one.

The Scene: (Act I)

The brand new Hidden Creek Clubhouse

Fresh off the plane from SoCal, A&C advocate David Moriarty walks in with Hickory-sticked mashie in hand looking instantly for one Thomas Paul. This is going to be a somewhat tense meeting--Its an education of, or teaching of theory of A & C ideaology. Passionate as it may be.

Cut into the card room of the clubhouse sits one Thomas Paul. He's all set for this meeting and he is not going to back down one bit. He's got New York, Phialdelphia and even New Jersey all written over him. He's drinking a "F-ing" Merlot because he knows how the blend of grapes triggers disdain in all Californians.

Cut to the event organizer--Pat Mucci who has just recieved word that trouble is afoot. He makes a break for the card room to head Moriarty off at the pass. "They'll be no fightin's here today David--enough blood has been spilled on this subject, and we can't have it on Roger's brand new carpet."

"Step away Pat, I have a score to settle here. I'm going to show you the craft and art of hickory-shafted clubs. Fore!" says Moriarty.

Pat makes a break to go get Sheriff Hansen and his deputies for help, and to hopefully break this melee up.

The shuddered, swinging doors of the Hidden Creek cardroom open wide.

"Paul...."

"Moriarity...."

"We can do this two ways, you make a move for that Victorian /Quaker dagger of yours and I'm going to come at you hard with this John Duncan Dunn hickoried classic. Or, we can settle this the right way, back in Atlantic City at the tables..." says Moriarty.

All of a sudden "Two Ton" Tommy McNaccarato comes in, all wrapped-up in trying to settle the differences between these two.  He knows its going to get ugly.

"Listen you fuck ers, you've been somewhat friendly with one another for years, your not going to let some fuck ing internet chat get you all out of whack are you? Come on dammit! You can't let his get the best of yous' both!" screams McNaccarato in a somewhat bold and brackish voice filled with the smell of whiskey and garlic.

"Get away from me Two Ton!, I'm going to tee off on TPaul!"

Moriarty pushes McNaccarato away......

Meanwhile messers Wayne & MacWood are arm-wrestling for single-malts in another room, and are totally oblivious to what's going on thanks to the strength of pour from bartender Malone... They're doing this while singing "It's a long road to Tiperrarie" accompanied by the ragtime piano playing of one Kyle Harris who  at last minute, decided to attend the event.

Back to the card room, the air of dissent has gotten worse. It's Moriarty vs. Paul/Paul vs. Moriarty--the war to settle the score! The patrons scurry for the exit, knowing there is going to be blood spilled.

Fade out....

A short commercial break from our sponsors

"Trojan Man! Trojan Man!---Trojan Man! Trojan Man!" (The Trojan theme song)

"Nobody doesn't like SaraLee..." (The Sara Lee theme song)

Returning from commercial break.

Fade in back to the Hidden Creek card room...

Suddenly springing in thru the door is notorious bad ass A.F. Collins. He's going to settle this dispute. He seems to be the only one that has brought a gun to this clubfight. The name of his gun is, "Reason."

Mucci yells, "Sheriff! A.F. Collins is in town, and he didn't check his weapon in with you!" Sheriff Hansen remarks, "I'm not having any part of that--your all on your own!"

The swinging doors of the card room almost open themselves in response to not wanting to get into Collins' way. No one wants to take on this badman.

And then I woke-up..........
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 08:08:40 PM by Tommy_Naccarato »

TEPaul

That's funny TommyN. I'm all for any kind of decent humor on this website as you know---there's too much super-seriousness and lack of appreciation for humor on here, in my opinion.

But as for David Moriarty and his opinions, I say he can have any he wants to---it doesn't bother me. As far as him coming over here to the meeting at Hidden Creek that's fine by me, no problem at all. I've never met David Moriarty but I have spoken to him on the phone a few times but not in a long time. I really don't see the point in discussing things to do with golf architecture on here with him any more and I doubt that will change if I meet him. But you say he's a perfectly nice guy and you say I am too. So no problem at all--I'd be glad to meet him. But I doubt I'd be interested in discussing architecture with him---I'm not very interested in his point of view on most of it and he certainly doesn't seem interested in mine either.

That's fine, no problem, that's just the way it is sometimes. ;)

wsmorrison

Tommy,

Not ever having met Tom MacWood, I have no idea how I'd fare in an arm wrestling match with him.  I sure am curious to see if my mind's eye image of him matches reality.  I hope to get together with Tom when I head to Columbus sometime this year to get together with Dr. Mike.  I think he should make it out here sometime as well.  Wasn't he coming out for the Hidden Creek jam?  I thought he had an invitation that is hard to resist.

Well, as long as it is right-handed I think I'll do OK.  I've got golfer's elbow again in my left arm.  At this point I think the only person I can beat arm wrestling left handed is that knucklehead Mike Malone  ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 04:45:37 PM by Wayne Morrison »

TEPaul

TommyN:

Look, if you think it'd make the Hidden Creek meeting even more exciting I'd be glad to punch out David Moriarty if you want me to. But I really don't feel much like doing that unless he's about 5'3" and weighs around 97 lbs.

Have you ever met Tom MacWood, TommyN? You sure act like you know him pretty well. Has GeoffShac ever met him? Has Ran Morrissett ever met him? Has anyone on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com ever met him?

If no one on GOLFCLUBATLAS.com has ever actually met him then I might have to assume that he's really just another persona of JakaB, Barney, John B. Kavanaough! I'm pretty sure he isn't a persona of Pat Mucci but who ever really knows? I think Pat lined up GCGC for him but I don't think Pat actually met him. Somebody showed up though. I know Matt Burrows or Bill Salinetti lined something up something for him at NGLA but I think he surprised them by showing up on the wrong day or something. I think he saw the course but I don't think either of them actually saw him.

Maybe Tom MacWood is really David Moriarty. All I really know is Tom MacWood isn't me.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 04:50:03 PM by TEPaul »

Tommy_Naccarato

TommyN:

Look, if you think it'd make the Hidden Creek meeting even more exciting I'd be glad to punch out David Moriarty if you want me to. But I really don't feel much like doing that unless he's about 5'3" and weighs around 97 lbs.

That's what I'm talkin' about! :)

Wayne, Tom unfortunately can't make it due to reasons beyond his control--work! It would have been fun! Also, thanks for making a "commotion" and grabbing my golf partner for the event! ;)

Gotta run. Giada De Laurentiis is on and I dont' want to miss her....cooking! :) She is my kind of Italian girl. Good looking and knows how to eat. At least I used to know how to eat! :)

TEPaul

"Wayne, Tom (MacWood) unfortunately can't make it due to reasons beyond his control--"

This sounds to me like that all pervasive influence known as the "arts and crafts" movement. Maybe Tom MacWood has gotten so into A/C "regionalism" he can't figure out how to get out of Columbus Ohio.  ;)

Andy_Lipschultz

Moriarty pushes McNaccarato away......

I've seen David's bicep/tricep/lat development; he ain't pushing McNaccarato anywhere.

Tommy_Naccarato

Andy, I'm talking about a man incensed. Surely adrenaline would be a factor, right?

So what do you think? What are my chances of maing this into a IFC Short or Sundance Indie? I even included commercials so it could fit the mainstream Sunday night "family audience."

Kevin_Reilly

Where is HamiltonBHearst in this action/adventure/drama/documentary?
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

wsmorrison

Tommy,

We'll have some fun even without the Buckeye Boy.  

So what are we going to see/play while your in and around the Quaker City?

Tommy_Naccarato

Plans changed. I'm staying up at Dr. Childs, visiting the SOGO. (Same old, good old) You can't go wrong with that!

wsmorrison

Say it ain't so!   Not even for a day?

Andy_Lipschultz

So what do you think? What are my chances of maing this into a IFC Short or Sundance Indie? I even included commercials so it could fit the mainstream Sunday night "family audience."
Sundance? Get your "actors" to dress in black; 3-day stubble; they should always have an unfiltered cig going at all times; and have them spout in more metaphysical terms that make no sense, but with enough big words in there so you would be too embarrassed to admit that you didn;t understand the dialogue. Then you got a "critical" hit

Adam_F_Collins

You're the best, Tommy. No one puts as much energy into the fun of this joint as you do.

TEPaul

"Moriarty pushes McNaccarato away......
I've seen David's bicep/tricep/lat development; he ain't pushing McNaccarato anywhere"

Well, then if the little smart-ass whippersnapper tries to say anything to me about the influence of the A/C movement on golf course architecture I'll punch the tar out of him.

Kyle Harris

I'd risk getting fired if you can garauntee me that will happen.

Early odds of Vegas have Morrison 3-2 favorite. People are taking the over at 3 minutes till KO.

Tommy_Naccarato

Wayne, I just found out Tom Mac is going to be in Deadwood.

Lucky him, I always wanted to be like that Ian McShane character that says fuck every other word. I just went and changed my character's persona.(a rewrite as we say in the business)

I hope I don't get fined by the FCC. Fuck ers!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 08:10:36 PM by Tommy_Naccarato »

T_MacWood

'Not ever having met Tom MacWood, I have no idea how I'd fare in an arm wrestling match with him.  I sure am curious to see if my mind's eye image of him matches reality.'

Wayne
Ask John Morrissett, Ted Sturges, Ran Morrissett, JP Morgan, Rick Holland or Geoff Childs.

What else do they have in common....none post on GCA anymore. Hopefully its nothing I did. ::)

I have a photo of myself on a bearskin...I'll e-mail it to you.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 09:37:21 PM by Tom MacWood »

wsmorrison

I'll ask Ran, Rick and Geoff if they think I can take you in arm wrestling.  It'll be like the Big 33 football games.  We used to beat up on Texas and Maryland.  Now we beat up on our neighbor to the west.  Let me at 'em....

That's OK, Tom.  No need to send a picture of you on a bearskin.  Why don't you come to Philadelphia and I'll meet you in person?  But, as I said, I should be out in Columbus sometime soon and we'll hook up then, I hope.

T_MacWood

Wayne
Ohio's won the last two to even the series...not bad considering we have to go to PA every year and you supply the refs.

Arm wrasslin ain't my forte.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2005, 10:17:11 PM by Tom MacWood »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back