News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

are any of the TPCs worth a special trip?
« on: April 30, 2005, 09:19:44 PM »
Geoff Shackelford's site mentioned how Vijay complained about all the TPCs looking alike...

so my question:  which -- if any -- of the TPCs is good enough to go out of the way to play?

I haven't played it, but I would think the original in Florida

any others??
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

noonan

Re:are any of the TPCs worth a special trip?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 09:24:57 PM »
I have played TPC at the Canyons in Vegas......I am sure it does not look like the others.

It was firm and fast.....maybe even crusty.

Sean Leary

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 10:03:34 PM »
The TPC at Snoqualmie Ridge here just outside of Seattle is a good golf course, but not worth a special trip.

danielfaleman

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 11:03:44 PM »
TPC Sawgrass. The best of the TPCs, #17, TPC Tournament host, PGATour headquarters; and, there are many other worthwhile close-by courses to play.

Evan_Green

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 01:51:48 AM »
Sawgrass is definately worth a trip. There are some excellent risk reward holes, especially #11.

#16-18 is a great finishing stretch. 16 is a very good strategic par 5. Plus you can see the ominous 17th in the lake to your right as your get to the green - it plays with the mind.

#18 is a heroic finishing hole. Its a very good hole because you can be as agressive as you want to off the tee and be rewarded for hitting a good drive with an easier 2nd shot- or you can play conservatively off and have a tough second shot with water hugging the left edge of the green.

Its an important course to play in terms of architectural significance. The fact that Ran included it on this website says something significant to that regard.

Dan_Callahan

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 09:46:01 AM »
Probably not worth a special trip, but holes 15, 16, 17 at TPC River Highlands are very good, exciting finishing holes. The rest of the course is kind of bland, however. Especially now that many of the more scenic holes on the back nine are saturated with houses (especially 11 through 14).

mikes1160

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 10:24:26 AM »
Vijay thought enough of the TPC at Deere Run in Moline, IL to play it the last two years........and if you make it down there, Davenport Country Club across the river in Iowa is worth a look

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back