News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Pete Lavallee

Re:The insignificance of architectural features to PGA drives
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2005, 12:06:40 AM »
Shivas,

How would you describe Tiger's tee shots on the last 9 holes ?

Pat,

Tiger was wild on the back 9 and got what he deserved. He was very lucky on 10 for the ball to kick off the trees into a playable position, but was unable to make par. His drive into the pine straw on 13 led to a par 5, which must have seemed like a bogey. The poor angle on 17 took it's tole; where did he profit from a poor drive on the back 9?
"...one inoculated with the virus must swing a golf-club or perish."  Robert Hunter

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2005, 09:02:35 AM »
Pete,

I"d say that he profited handsomely on # 10.

Shivas claimed he wasn't "sprayin it" and that he drove quite well.  I was merely asking Shivas to reflect on the last nine holes in the context of his statement.

Michael Moore

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2005, 03:14:07 PM »
I saw a statistic that startled me.

Tiger ranked 49th out of 50 in driving accuracy at The Masters.

Tiger Woods ranked 83rd out of 93 in driving accuracy at the 2005 Masters Tournament, at 57.14%.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2005, 03:14:35 PM by Michael Moore »
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

George Pazin

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2005, 03:52:15 PM »
Only a little less than one a side? In a game decided by a playoff after 270+ strokes, that is a huge difference.

If Tiger didn't have such a tremendous short game and the strongest mind on Tour, he'd be just another Hank Kuehne - one helluva golfer relative to 99.99999% of the planet, but nowhere close to the best player in the world.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2005, 03:54:51 PM »
I saw a statistic that startled me.

Tiger ranked 49th out of 50 in driving accuracy at The Masters.

Tiger Woods ranked 83rd out of 93 in driving accuracy at the 2005 Masters Tournament, at 57.14%.

Tiger Woods was 49th out of 50 among those who made the cut at The Masters.  Thomas Levet was last.

Among all Masters participants, David Duval was last, at 35.7% of fairways hit.

Michael Moore

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2005, 04:09:52 PM »
So who led the field in driving accuracy?

Faldo with 6 out of 6?

or

O'Hern with 47 out of 56?
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back