News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan Fleisher

KPIV Pics From The Grillroom
« on: April 16, 2005, 06:10:32 PM »
Just a few other pics I had taken, post round celebrations for Ace McBride's incredible feat as well as the handing over of the trophy to the winning side...

"Ace" consumes his just rewards

Full table shot #1

Full table shot #2

The proud captain accepts his prize
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 10:12:12 AM by Evan_Fleisher »
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Brent Hutto

Re:KPIV Pics From The Grillroom
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 06:45:09 PM »
Full table shot #2

I think this picture sums up my non-contribution to the ultimately winning cause. I'm sitting across from Mr. Huntley thinking "All I needed was that stinking three-footer on eighteen to finally win half a point from this guy". I'm glad my RotW bretheren were able to retain the putter with no points from your truly.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 09:31:49 PM »
I think I missed a really good time.

Mike Benham

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 09:42:27 PM »
I believe this scene was staged and not historically correct.  Since the overall points were tied, the South retain the King's Putter and there is no need for the North to hand over the putter to the South.

It is, obviously, just another opportunity for that devilishly handsome Mr. Huckaby to be photographed ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Mike Benham

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 01:52:31 AM »
A few more pics ...

I hasn't been mentioned much but Stevinson Ranch features large areas of fringe around the greens similar to Rustic Canyon where the putter can be used liberally.

What has been mentioned is that there is heavy rough around the greens and in some grass bunkers that are almost unplayable.  Here is a photo of the 15th green that has a shelf right of the green, about 3 feet below green level that is closely mown.  An interesting feature ...

The sweet swing of Joe Perches ...

And in a moment of foreshadowing (or is that nightshadowing), Evan is practicing his Cup winning chip with Mr. Goldman and Fortson ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 07:51:14 PM »
I'll vote for foreshadowing...  ;D :o 8) ::)
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

ed_getka

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 07:57:29 PM »
The grass in the bunkers is not normally that nasty, but given the heavy spring/winter rains the course is not in its normal maintenance mode. Under usual conditions, no one would have noticed the grass bunkers, other than to note that there is grass instead of sand.
  I find the expanded aprons that have only fractionally longer grass than the greens make distances harder to gauge, and they introduce an element of doubt.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Brent Hutto

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2005, 08:58:27 PM »
I find the expanded aprons that have only fractionally longer grass than the greens make distances harder to gauge, and they introduce an element of doubt.
Ed,

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I guess ultimately it becomes a form of local knowledge. To me, the difference in the speed the ball rolls and the way in which chip and pitch shots react on the fringe versus green was just enough to require careful visualization. That came at the cost of not really being able to tell where the edge of the actual putting surface was until you were within 40-50 yards of it.

Question. Were the chipping areas the same grass as the greens or same as the fairways? They seemed the same as the greens to me with only the cutting height different.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back