News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re:Hidden Creek - Good News and ........
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2005, 04:46:07 PM »
Fellows,

Remember, participation for golf will be capped if we exceed the limit allowed by the club.

Please make your own foursomes for golf.

I'd suggest posting:
Games available and Games wanted ?

Redanman,

Contact Dan Herrmann as he and his wife would probably be a good match for you and Renee, assuming that they're playing golf.

George Pazin

« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2005, 05:17:43 PM »
I'm still not entirely certain of how the selection process works, but if for some reason there are people left who wish to golf and I have a spot, I would be happy to share it with someone who wishes to play alternate shot.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

George_Bahto

« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2005, 06:51:30 PM »
Pat:

obviously coming and money is on the way

I do need a game

George Bahto
« Last Edit: May 04, 2005, 07:13:25 PM by George_Bahto »
If a player insists on playing his maximum power on his tee-shot, it is not the architect's intention to allow him an overly wide target to hit to but rather should be allowed this privilege of maximum power except under conditions of exceptional skill.
   Wethered & Simpson

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2005, 08:18:55 PM »
George: We're setting up a couple of groups right now, you are in, I'll get back to you when things are finalized -- probably tomorrow. Jerry

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2005, 08:53:41 PM »
I need a game as well
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

David_Tepper

« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2005, 09:30:11 PM »
Anyone know roughly how much the home lots at Hidden Creek are selling for? You are welcome to IM me with a reply if you have a 'ballpark' figure. Thanks.  

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2005, 10:02:19 PM »
I will try to help coordinate some foursomes tomorrow provided no one refers to me as Little Pat

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2005, 10:13:57 PM »
David Tepper,

Why not go to the club's website, log into that area and make a personal inquiry, if you're geniuinely interested.

Members of Alpine and Baltusrol were kind enough to sponsor my architectural get togethers in 2003 and 2004.

Many individuals indicated that while the symposiums were terrific, they really would have liked to have played the hostiing golf courses as well.

With that in mind and in light of Matt Ward hosting a winter event, I defered mine to this spring and thought that I would try to accomodate those requests by combining a symposium with a round of golf.  The only problem was that no courses were interested in hosting an event, including golf, in season.

When I approached Roger Hansen with the request, he was kind enough to approve it.  He was also instrumental in getting Bill Coore, one of today's highly acclaimed architects to attend and participate for the entire day.

Your comment/question is in the lowest possible taste.  
This get together, like the others that preceded it, isn't about selling real estate, it's about golf course architecture, and in particular, this year, the architecture at Hidden Creek, and we're LUCKY to have Bill Coore available to discuss the golf course and answer any of our questions.  Bill is traveling from Arizona just to be with us.

It's comments like yours, and others, that have convinced me that this should be the last GCA.com get together that I'll ever organize.

David_Tepper

« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2005, 10:50:29 PM »
Mr. Mucci -

I asked a very simple (and in my mind very harmless) question. I suggested that anyone who cares to respond to me do so via IM, in order to keep it of the discussion board.

If you are offended by that, it is unfortunate. I must have missed the memo that appointed you arbiter of what is and is not 'good taste' on this website. Perhaps you should direct your comments to Ran Morrissett on this matter.

Whether you choose to participate in future GCA events or on this website is entirely up to you. I could care less.

DT  

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »
David Tepper,

I understood your inference from the get go, and it was anything but harmless.  

If you were sincere, you wouldn't have come on this thread and posted your inquiry, you would have gone to Hidden Creek's website or contacted them directly, and obtained the information privately, especially since the likelyhood is that noone on this website knows the answer to the question, including myself.

I know what's in good taste and what isn't, and your phony inquiry wasn't in good taste, so stop trying to play the innocent victim.

It's not that I'm not going to participate, I'm not going to organize and sponsor open get togethers.  You're the personification of the old adage that it makes no sense to cast pearls before swine.

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2005, 11:17:56 PM »
Yikes.

Geoffrey_Walsh

« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2005, 11:26:36 PM »
If you guys want to snipe at each other back and forth, please do it via IM offline.  Imagine you are a first time visitor to the site and see this as the first thread... (as I did tonight).

If anything qualifies as being OT this is it.

Patrick_Mucci

« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2005, 11:40:53 PM »
Geoffrey Walsh,

Roger Hansen is a terrific fellow and has been gracious enough to extend his facilities and golf course to us.

I'm not going to remain silent when someone takes a cheap shot at him and insinuates that the motives behind the architectural get together at his club are driven by real estate sales.  David Tepper was trying to malign Roger and the get together with his not so "harmless" question.

If you didn't recognize his phony question for its intent, I hope you do now.

After you meet Roger Hansen, you'll understand my comments

If David Tepper was sincere, he would have sought the answer to his question by going directly to the source, the parties that know the answer,  not publically to a bunch of guys who have no idea as to what the answer might be.

David_Tepper

« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2005, 11:53:02 PM »
Mr. Mucci -

Your ignorance of my purpose or intentions is truly profund. For you to imply that I was somehow casting aspersions upon or making insinuations regarding the motivations of any of the parties involved in Hidden Creek or the staging this event is both mistaken and appalling. It is astonishing to me you could draw that inference.  

For a person who claims to know what is in 'good taste,' it may very well be time for you to take a refresher course.

DT

Kyle Harris

« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2005, 11:59:49 PM »
Pat,

I apologize to you and those attending, but I must withdraw my name from those participating. Things came up that require my attention and resources at the moment. I have not sent any money or information yet, and I hope this doesn not put you out as far as numbers are concerned.

Thank you again for organizing this and I hope all attending have fun.

John Kirk

« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2005, 01:49:05 AM »
I assume most of the arranging in being done privately, but I'll state publicly that we have four for golf:

Chehansky
Wood
Kirk
Sandor

See everybody on the 16th.  I'll try to arrange a back transplant between now and then.

astavrides

« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2005, 07:47:05 AM »
Anyone know roughly how much the home lots at Hidden Creek are selling for? You are welcome to IM me with a reply if you have a 'ballpark' figure. Thanks.  

This seemed like an innocent inquiry to me.  Unless you know someone's motives, i think its best to give them the benefit of the doubt.

HamiltonBHearst

« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2005, 09:06:06 AM »

Either Mr. Tepper is interested in property and then he would have approached Mr. Hansen directly or he is not interested and just wanted to start an innapropriate discussion.

It is wonderful that Mr. Hansen has opened up his club (with thanks also to Pat).  I am anxious to read the reviews on the eighteen holes (concerning design features) that is a requirement of play, I can then compare to Ran's review.  That will be an education for us all.

Don Herdrich

« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2005, 10:41:44 AM »
Being a new reader/poster I feel Pat has every right to put Mr Tepper in his place.  His post was in very bad taste and did imply that this get together was for selling purposes!

Having put together outings like this in the past, it takes a lot of blood, sweat and tears.  Pat, thanks for organizing this outing.  I am sure most of us are thankful for you and Mr Hansen's generosity.  Don't let one or two bad apples spoil the good feeling of the event.

Billsteele

« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2005, 11:02:35 AM »
I am also in need of a game on the 16th. Currently, I am a rather shaky 15...which means I have no idea how I will play in two weeks since I haven't touched a club in two weeks.

mike_malone

« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2005, 11:13:58 AM »
 I will be playing with Tom Goutman and Roger Ham. So, someone can join us.

Tom is good--I think I'm good-- Roger just has fun.
AKA Mayday

SL_Solow

« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2005, 11:29:19 AM »
Mike Policano, George Pazin and I will welcome a 4th.

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2005, 12:24:51 PM »
George Bahto will be attending dinner at Chef Vola's so we have only one spot left.

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2005, 12:43:15 PM »
These are modified from last week--

There are directions posted on Hidden Creek's web site.  
For those coming south on the Garden State Parkway and following the "From GSP Southbound" directions,

as of end of last week, there was construction on Mill Rd.  

As an alternative, IF MILL RD IS CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION MONDAY MORNING-

those coming from the north may exit at #36, follow the ramp around, make a right on Fire Rd., and rather than make a right on Mill Rd as per the directions, keep going straight on Fire Rd., follow this several miles to Zion Rd.

Make a right, go under Parkway, and continue on Zion Rd past McCullough's Golf Links (on left), straight through traffic light.
Continue, cross over English Creek Av, and Asbury Rd. will be a short distance up on the right.  (There is a small church on the right)  

Make a right here, and follow road to end.  

If this is confusing, PM me and I'll give you my cell# to walk you through the steps.  

DRB
« Last Edit: May 14, 2005, 10:18:27 AM by Douglas Braunsdorf »
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

JESII

« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2005, 01:03:14 PM »
Mike Policano, George Pazin and I will welcome a 4th.

If the spot is still available, I would love to fill out the group. I'll send an IM to confirm. Thanks.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back