News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Doug Siebert

Re:Your Heart is Beating Fast...
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2005, 03:17:48 AM »
Andy,

I only had a 25-30 mph wind when I was at Waterville last summer.  Just a mere zephyr for Ireland, and other than a freakish late afternoon round at Mahoney's Point with no wind at all the lightest wind we faced all week.  It was 50-60 mph at Tralee, Ballybunion and Lahinch, some of the flags resembled that picture.  A couple fell over while we were approaching the green.  Damn I do so love that kind of golf, even though most of my friends think I'm insane.  Just so long as it isn't cold or raining in addition to that kind of wind, my insanity does have its limits ;)
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Andy Doyle

Re:Your Heart is Beating Fast...
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2005, 09:55:12 AM »
Doug:

This was my initiation into golf in Ireland.  On a one-week trip last November, I managed to squeeze in rounds at Lahinch, Waterville, and The European Club - not bad for what was really a sightseeing trip with my non-golfing wife.  For Ireland in general, and November in particular, I was very lucky with the weather.

At Lahinch it was in the 60's, sunny, and just a gentle breeze.  It had been raining heavily all morning, but quit and the sun came out just when we arrived at Waterville.  This was the one day the wind was really howling - I had never played in anything like it.  It was relatively warm, but the wind was blowing so hard it had blown the flagsticks out on at least 3 of the holes.  It was more overcast at The European Club with a little misting rain occasionally, but the wind was pretty gentle.  

The European Club.  Looking back down #13 from the tee on 14.  Rain squall in the background.

I couldn't have been luckier with the weather.  This trip totally hooked me on links golf - I can not wait to go back.  It won't be this year, unfortunately, but I am already thinking about a golf-only trip in 2006.

Andy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 09:57:33 AM by Andy Doyle »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back