News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Robert Thompson

Donald Ross' Sagamore -- thoughts?
« on: February 03, 2005, 08:05:35 PM »
Hey all,

I've got a nice invite to head to see Sagamore for a couple of days in May, but I've got to guard my time carefully these days with the baby in the house -- especially if I'm to get to Ireland in the fall.
Any thoughts on whether this Donald Ross course is worth going out of one's way to see? I know the likes of James Dodson are very fond of it -- what say the rest of you? Is is a good Ross, or just a course (I've played some of both as far as he's concerned).
Thanks in advance.
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Peter Galea

Re:Donald Ross' Sagamore -- thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 10:38:11 PM »
Sagamore is like fine wine, not to miss. From the first tee there is a view of Lake George...breathtaking beauty. Lots of elevation change, classic greenside flanking bunkers, in a setting second to none. It's been years since I've been there, but the memories persist.
"chief sherpa"

Ben Cowan-Dewar

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 11:15:31 PM »
It is a good course and the setting is sublime, as well as the resort. Is it great? I do not think so, but it is close and gets you close to the Rees course in Albany everyone seems like...

Eamon Lynch

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 11:42:24 PM »
I've been to the Sagamore for the past few years and have a soft spot for the course. There are a number of terrific short par 4s that are all about strategy/accuracy and not about smacking the cover off the ball. However, the conditioning can be a bit spotty at that time of year (the event you're thinking of attending is usually in late April and often comes very soon after the course reopens). The hotel is a great old throwback right on Lake George, for what it's worth.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2005, 10:50:09 AM »
Here's a link...it looks like a terrific little course!

http://www.thesagamore.com/golf/tour.php
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Ted Kramer

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 04:19:13 PM »
It is worth going out of your way to play . . .
There is a lot to like about the course, hotel, and vistas.
There are bunch of solid holes on the course, I really like the short par 4 second and the 10th.
I hope you decide to play it.

-Ted

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back