News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mike Benham

Re:Broadcasting critiques.......
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2005, 12:35:34 PM »
Did the Halibuts get into the music Biz 'Just for the Halibut'?

No, but they had an album titled "Life on the bottom" ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

ForkaB

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2005, 12:53:32 PM »
I can't bet the sound off the East Fife website, but from the clues, it has to be Telstar.  Did they win the Cup or something in 1962, FBD?

As for Man U, agree with all said about Giggs, Keane, Rooney, etc., but Ronaldo is the best of the lot, at lesat this year.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2005, 03:21:08 PM »
Spot on, Mr G!
The splendid Telstar by 'The Tornadoes'. This is genuinely one of my earliest musical memories. Backed with a track called 'Jungle Fever' which, if memory serves, opened with a sound akin to a dozen D8s ploughing up a perfectly good Golden Age golf course!!
As to the connex with East Fife, I have not a clue, but I probably know a man who does and will endeavour to detect!

P'rhaps you or Mr Benham can also assist Mr Huckaby with my previous question regarding the Scottish, nay, Fife, connex with Shrek...?

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2005, 03:32:20 PM »
...oh, and PS for you ManUers (hehe)

Wayne Rooney:

Shrek:

Harhar!!

FBD.

Mike Benham

« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2005, 03:42:29 PM »
Not even close, Mr Benham!

Now wait a minute, I am very close as the Ventures recorded Telstar also ...[/color]

(Were you the stoopid American who mistook the Saltire for the SWEDISH flag??? Hmmmm????) ;D

Gee, I missed your jab earlier but I really don't remember, I was reeling from the bad reads and yardage my caddie was giving me all day  ;)[/color]

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2005, 03:49:38 PM »
(Were you the stoopid American who mistook the Saltire for the SWEDISH flag??? Hmmmm????) ;D

Gee, I missed your jab earlier but I really don't remember, I was reeling from the bad reads and yardage my caddie was giving me all day  ;)[/color]

I noticed how crap he was too. If you remember, I caddied for your buddy!!!! Double harhar with sugar sprinkles!! ;D

Now how about that Shrek/Fife connex? any thoughts???

FBD.

Michael Wharton-Palmer

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2005, 03:56:19 PM »
Martin,
Love the Shrek / Rooney connection, but it must be the x rated version to accomodate the Boy Wonder's splendid use of the anglo saxon expletives.

frank_D

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2005, 04:12:25 PM »
brother Bob_Huntley

mute the sound - i play classical music on my stereo while watching the TV screen - i make up what i think a player is saying during the interview - ie "i hit the ball well today" OR "the hard work is paying off" OR "i stayed positive out there today" OR "i'm starting to see results" etc (blah, blah, blah)

fuzzy ruined it forever by trying to be funny (at ANGC) losing ALL his lucrative endorsements including sears

Jason McNamara

« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2005, 05:08:04 AM »
Keane is a certified assassin, having written in his book that he deliberately broke another players leg with malice aforethought.

A "Roy Keane hat trick" does consist of a goal and two cards, doesn't it?

Jason

ps.  Since this is so dreadfully OT already, I'll note that the US men's team has a WC qualifier this coming Weds.  ESPN2, I think.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back