News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve_Roths

Sea Island- Frederica Township
« on: February 01, 2005, 12:57:07 PM »
Has anyone seen or heard anything recently about this new course down at Sea Island?  I got some mail from them yesterday saying it was now open for preview.  I like the logo an American and Scotish flag next to each other.  I assume that is due to the design pair's homelands. Fazio and Bollanack.

wsmorrison

Re:Sea Island- Frederica Township
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 01:01:16 PM »
Tom Paul and I walked that site last year with Paul Cowley.  They were moving an incredible amount of earth but it looked very interesting.  Homesites are really in the stratosphere I've heard.

John_Cullum

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2005, 01:19:03 PM »
I got a report yesterday.

The course is very flat.

It was open land but they brought in 1100 large trees.

It is practically sold out because of its affiliation with the Sea Island Co. brand name.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Mark Brown

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2005, 03:46:43 PM »
Frederica GC: very exclusive. Fazio dug a 150 acre lake to provide fill for the flat holes and created a new landscape, as well as bringing in 40 foot oaks and 60 foot pines. This course is the anti-thesis of minimalism.

Fazio said it was the next step (from Shadow Creek) to the evolution of golf course architecture.

Bill Gayne

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2005, 06:40:42 PM »
I was at Sea Island over the holidays and the course was open for some play. It's located on the other end of St. Simons from the other Sea Island courses. Access to Frederica Township is made available to those willing to go with a marketing representative from the Real Estate office. It's intended to be completely private similar to Ocean Forest.

paul cowley

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 03:15:00 AM »
...as the previous max elevation on St.Simons was 22', and that many of the course elevations exceed 30', I would not call it flattish....minimal in appearance once they started shaping after creating the contours....it really is quite impressive!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 03:18:49 AM by paul cowley »
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back