News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Alex Chehansky

Re:Strokes of Genius-Points of Difference
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2005, 11:16:35 AM »
I have lunch with the producer of Strokes of Genius in 45 minutes and I just saw this thread, any questions?

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2005, 11:32:07 AM »
I have lunch with the producer of Strokes of Genius in 45 minutes and I just saw this thread, any questions?

Yes, ask him why he chose to omit one of the great moments in sports history, instead focusing on moments that either didn't take place or were wrongly misrepresented.

Adam,
When I read that, thought of you posting on this!

I urge everyone to get the movie and see it for themselves. The St. Andrews footage is worth it. They needed to emphasize that more. I would have paid $100.00 for a DVD of that cinematography of the Old Course and a soudtrack of Copeland going on in the background, if they would have made that instead of this disaster.

The movie, well its just like Sandpines-one huge gigantic missed opportunity that was hacked-up by the makers.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 12:15:40 PM »
I think the worst thing about the whole enterprise was that ghastly red beret/hat that the actor wore. I went to the scource of all things Bobby Jones, my good friend Sidney Matthew, and asked whether in the thousands of photographs he had of the great man had he ever seen him in such a chapeau and he hadn't.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. This comes as close to "My Dinner with Andre" as the best soporific of all time.

Jeff Goldman

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2005, 12:20:33 PM »
Bob,

I haven't seen strokes of genius, but I find it hard to believe anything could reach the heights (lows?) of watching Wally and Andre talk gibberish and eat, with the possible exception of was anything on stage directed by Andre.   :P

Jeff Goldman
That was one hellacious beaver.

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2005, 11:06:40 PM »
When you watch a movie that you think you know the story of , but then turns out to take liberties with the truth , doesnt it want to make you question all the other " Hollywood True Stories " ? .

For example , I was watching "Friday Night Lights" last night and really enjoyed it , but knowing nothing about Texas State Football , I was left wondering how true this "true story" was .

Brian

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back