News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Alex Chehansky

Strokes of Genius Part 2
« on: January 13, 2005, 11:17:36 AM »
I am hoving lunch with the producer in 45 minutes, any questions?

Mike Hendren

Re:Strokes of Genius Part 2
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 11:21:05 AM »
Why did he not give the role of Hagen to the actor who played Daniel Simpson Day (he of no grade point average) in Animal House?  I thought the guy was great in Bagger Vance.

Mike
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

JakaB

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 11:23:40 AM »
Will there be a dream sequence in this film where Bobby Jones has an affair with Abraham Lincoln...

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 11:30:03 AM »
Alex. The obvious one ; Why wasn't historical accuracy adhered to closer?

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 11:34:29 AM »
Ask him what his political afiliations are--Democrat or Republican.

Also ask him why they messed-up by leaving out one of the most dramatic moments in sports history.

JakaB

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 11:38:44 AM »
Seriously...they need to address the gay rumors...it would be great for box office..my bird told me this one..

George Pazin

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 11:53:34 AM »
To echo what Adam asks, I'd simply ask if liberties were taken consciously, or did they feel it was 100% accurate, to the best of their knowledge.

JakaB -

I think they're saving that sequence for the more sophisticated European version.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Carlyle Rood

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 12:08:02 PM »
Thank him for including original footage of the Freedom of the City speech at St. Andrews on the DVD version.  It was thoughtful to include that, particularly given its omission in the movie itself.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2005, 12:10:27 PM by Carlyle Rood »

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2005, 12:28:16 PM »
Alex,

Ask him why the most authoritative expert on the Life and Times of Jones, Sid Matthew, was not consulted for historical accuracy. The errors and omissions are legion.

How many people know that in the clip of Jones' speech at Younger Hall, when he was elected a Freeman of the City,  that the people singing "Will ye nae Come Home Again" were not native St. Andreans, but a Black Baptist choir from Atlanta? This last piece of legerdermain being the work of the aforementioned Matthew.

Bob

John_Cullum

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 12:45:48 PM »
Will there be a dream sequence in this film where Bobby Jones has an affair with Abraham Lincoln...

I thought it was Devereaux Emmett.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Carlyle Rood

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 08:15:07 PM »
How many people know that in the clip of Jones' speech at Younger Hall, when he was elected a Freeman of the City,  that the people singing "Will ye nae Come Home Again" were not native St. Andreans, but a Black Baptist choir from Atlanta? This last piece of legerdermain being the work of the aforementioned Matthew.

I certainly didn't know that.  That would seem to contradict a number of firsthand accounts; but, it wouldn't be unprecedented for people to have flawed recollections.

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2005, 12:03:48 AM »
Carlisle,

The original clip was with the locals singing, but over the years the degradation of the recording was such that Matthew had the American choir re-record it  over. Hence the wonderful sound that came through.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back