News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Rungsted
« on: January 13, 2005, 10:45:01 AM »
This course was mentioned by Tom MacWood in a recent thread on brothers.  This was the work of CA Mackenzie, Alister's brother.  They're not great photos - the course was quite busy (though it doesn't look it) so I could only take pictures when I wasn't holding up others.

2nd

3rd

3rd green

4th

7th

7th

8th

12th

17th

David_Tepper

Re:Rungsted
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 11:34:34 AM »
Mark-

Where is this course- Holland, Denmark, Sweden?

DT

T_MacWood

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 12:20:39 PM »
Mark
Thanks for the pictures. It looks like it could be an interesting golf course. He seemed to use the streams effectively.

David
Rungsted is in Denmark.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 01:58:50 PM »
David, it's a few miles north of Copenhagen, inland, off the coast road to Helsingor.  It's usually rated No 1 in Denmark but Danish friends tell me Holstebro is better.  I hope to find out this summer.  Visitors' green fees in Denmark are (or were when last I was there) very good value.

Tony Ristola

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 02:00:56 PM »
Played a tournament there in 1986 or 87 and remember the course being thoroughly enjoyable. Struck me as being one of the better courses in Scandinavia, even though I can't remember any of its details.

TomSteenstrup

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2005, 12:10:33 PM »
I think most here would enjoy Esbjerg Golf Club the most, if in Denmark. However, Rungsted is by many considered the best.

I wish I had some picture from Esbjerg, but haven't been there with a camera. Key words are heather and sandy soil. They had a Challenge Tour stop there last year and had very good reviews from the pros - which in this case is a recommendation. I think.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2005, 02:56:30 PM »
Tom, Thanks for the reminder about Esbjerg.  My wife and I will be in Denmark in August and we'll give it a go.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back