News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim_Kennedy

Fazio 'Bash'...
« on: August 17, 2006, 08:51:54 AM »
.....as in 'party'.
If you'd like to see a TF course that is inaccesssible to most then you might want to think about this: the Kent Volunteer Fire Company has an outing every year at the Bull's Bridge GC in Kent, Ct.. It's a newer Fazio course that is kept in immaculate condition, the green surfaces are so smooth they look like paint. Built around a small mountain, this place is a marvel of modern engineering and cost something in the neighborhood of 10 or 12 mil to construct. Equity membership is around 115k at the moment.

The date is Sept. 25th and cost is $225.00 per, with the usual outing amenities included. It is a 'scramble' so get a foursome together if you'd like to play your own ball. More info can be had by e-mailing: golf@kentfire.org

p.s. no shill, just FYI.

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Geoffrey Childs

Re:Fazio 'Bash'...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:22:19 AM »
I liked Bulls Bridge a great deal.

It was one of the examples I used of a course that made great use of a very hilly property (as opposed to Morgan Hill where the back nine should be converted into a ski area for the winter). Bulls Bridge is not walkable eiter but it is perfectly playable throughout. It was really firm and fast with almost purple grass in places last year when I was there.

I think the club is having trouble getting members due to the isolated location.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 10:37:15 AM »
In all due respect. It had better be a great cause for one has to pass a great number of Fazio courses to get to this one. You know the saying played one you played them all. It is not true of course because he gets some really interesting sites and builds very good courses. But there is a certain samness to them that takes a bit of the excitement out of seeing the next one.

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 10:42:26 AM »
Tiger

Unfair shot IMHO.  

1-$225 for an outing is very inexpensive.

2- This is a very different type of golf course in that its built on extremely hilly property yet it is (for a change) routed very well to use the land in an ideal way for golf.  There are some really superb golf holes here to see.

3- Those who raved about Morgan Hill should go see this place to learn how to build a playable golf course on a very severe property.

Jim_Kennedy

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 12:29:56 PM »
Geoff,
Definitely an isolated location, bad timing too as this club was in it's infancy around 9/11.
I agree with your opinion of the course, it does make great use of a very hilly property.

Tiger,
That depends on which direction you are coming from.

There are photos to be seen at:
http://www.bullsbridgegolfclub.com/Picture_Slide_Show.html

I know it's hard to gauge elevation changes from photos so here is some help. This is a photo of #2, you are looking at a 30' drop from this perspective. From the back it drops 50/60' or so.  

This is #11, it's about a 20' drop from the tee shown, although this is not the present day location for the blues. The carry over the bunkers on the right from here is around 250 yards.

"I never beat a well man in my life" - Harry Vardon

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back