News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Donnie Beck

BEST SOD LAYING GOLF WRITER
« on: December 17, 2004, 09:30:59 PM »
Any nominations  ;D

Donnie Beck

Re:BEST SOD LAYING GOLF WRITER
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 09:37:12 PM »
It certinaly isn't Pioppi lol

GeoffreyC

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 09:39:20 PM »
Donny

SOB Lying Golf Writer?  I thought that was Pioppi  ;D

Steve Curry

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2004, 09:42:13 PM »
Limited to sod?  ;)

Donnie Beck

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2004, 09:45:16 PM »
Dr. Childs,

LMAO.. You hit the nail on the head on that one!!!!

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 10:19:54 AM »
Here's a hint on laying sod:

Brown side down
Green side up

Anyone eed more tips on laying? I'm here to help.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2004, 03:19:34 PM »
Wow, there is an open invitation to get a permanent posting ban on GCA!

On your question, the entire stable of writers at Golfdom do a pretty fine job, and most of them have laid a little sod or pipe, and have operated a Tennessee backhoe in their time. ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2004, 03:26:03 PM »
Not on behalf of the entire stable of writers at Golfdom I say, thank you very little.

Lacey Underall: My uncle says you've got a screw loose.
Ty Webb: Your uncle molests collies.

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2004, 04:44:31 PM »
The worst writer I have seen was Brian Murphy of the SF Chronicle.  To prove it, he received a promotion to now be a talk show host on morning radio here in NorCal.

It was amazing the rumors he would start and then turn it into reporting.  Examples like the AT&T was going to return to Cypress Point, the USGA wanted to hold the US Open at Harding Park are complete fabrications started by him.  Thank god he is out of the golf rumor business.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2004, 04:59:42 PM »
Donnie,
My opinion is that you didn't work him hard enough, long enough and gave him one too many breaks. If there were lunch wagons/roach coahces on FI, the chances of finding him near there would be highly likely.

Too much, too little, too soon! Be a tougher, more disciplinary tyrant with him next time. He'll thanks you for it in the long run and you can be sure if there is ever more turf to lay around there--he won't be with-in 200 miles of it!

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2004, 11:18:30 AM »
Well, well, well. Mr. Naccarato has something to say. I take this as affront to my family name.

There is only one way to settle this - a sod laying contest - man to man. You name the course and the time and I'll be there. I'm not afraid of you. I'm not afraid of anyone. I've stared death in the face and lived to tell about it. Bring it on!

To quote Colonel Flagg: "You think you're real smart. But you're not smart; you're dumb. Very dumb. But you've met your match in me."

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2004, 04:00:57 PM »
But who was it that said,
We have met the enemy and he is us.....

It's on, and your going down......

By the way, 50 lbs!

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2004, 04:41:48 PM »
"We have met the enemy and it is us." That was the Schizophrenic next door to me who said that.

You believe in the popular notion of me as a glib insincere operator. Those are only some of my qualities. Underneath there's another me: shy, sensitive, uncertain... But underneath that, there's another me. Underneath there, of course, there's public parking.

I can't believe you impugned by sod-laying skills. Who have you been talking to? What else have you heard? Do you know about the cup cutting incident with the sous chef?

ANTHONYPIOPPI

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 10:06:19 AM »
Mr. Donnie Beck so now that sod-laying season is over what is there to do on your island? I'm a little concerned about your mental well-being. Actually, I was concerned before after the incident with the... nevermind.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2004, 11:33:58 AM »
Well, I had heard stories of you out there thinking you were being commandered by Seth Raynor. It's ok to dream though, I do it all the time! :)

Donnie and what does he do in the winter months on Beck Island?

Well, I would assume look at a lot of pictures of Ginger and Mary Anne while avoiding the professor who has some mad cap experiment of some kind going on. He also has to avoid getting in trouble with the skipper too.

I'm not going to go into any details about Thurston Howell and Lovey........

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back