News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Carlyle Rood

St. Andrews (Old) - Photos
« on: December 20, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »
I've added some more photos from my trip to England/Scotland this summer.  The following is a link to photos of the Old Course:

http://www.golfarch.com/Old/

And here are a few teasers:

Hole 5

Hole 11

Hole 17

Hole 18

Jason Topp

Re:St. Andrews (Old) - Photos
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 03:41:28 PM »
I'm proud to report that I once hit it a grounder under the stone bridge but over the Swiliken (sp?) Burn.

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 03:50:51 PM »
Carlyle;

Thanks for sharing.  

I was suprised to see the course looking so manicured and in some places, it seems as though there is greater definition between fairway and "first cut" than I ever recall.

What were your impressions of the Old Course?

Bill_McBride

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 04:11:27 PM »
Mike, did you see the picture I posted of Hell Bunker after my May 2004 round on the Old Course?  It was as manicured as a Marine recruit's pate.  Someone was kind enough to post a contrasting photo of Hell in a more gnarly state and I have to say it was much more intimidating looking that way.

Either way, I'm still 20 yds left or have pushed the shot dramatically!   ;)

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 04:32:45 PM »
Bill;

I must have missed that.  

I must say that it's a bit unnerving to see The Old Course looking a bit Americanized, for wont of a better term.  

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 04:58:07 PM »
Mike, I do not remember the first cut as it appears in the pictures from a playability point of view. I do remember 17 like that but the first cut was 6 inches to a foot deep.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back