News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Cuscowilla Sat Night & Sunday Pics
« on: November 27, 2004, 04:27:22 PM »
Here are the Saturday nights events, Sunday and post game festivities pictures.  

I am starting a completely different thread as the previous images made the thread so cumbersome expecially for dial up folks.  So due to popular demand I have shrunk these down a little.  If anyone wants a full size image of one or any, just let me know via email and I can send you the raw 4mp image.

There are several of the ones which are a little dark and have lots of people (a few of whom I don't know for sure or cannot recognize) so if you see someone misidentified or not identified especially in the background in any picture IM me and I will make the change.  (although I may be out of pocket for a couple days).

Mike Hendren diagrams the subtleties of a redan green in his potato salad for Jason Blasberg.  Jeff Warne & Dick Daley (I think) in the background.

Bill and Bob Crosby discuss GCA over dinner.

Jonathan Doyle and "Huckory" get comfortable for the Sat night floor show.

Our Co-host for the evening Charlie Rymer is stunned by the sheer knowledge or lack thereof exhibited by the assembled audience.

Barney feigns interest in what he is hearing.

Cory Lewis partially hidden behind Dale McCallon (silver pullover).  Back seated, Mike H., Pete Roe, Mike Whittaker (from the nose up), Ralph Bouton, and Ed Galbavy (foreground in orange).

Dont know all of these still could use some help.  Dick Daley (maroon foreground) talking to Brad Swanson. Roger Musgrove (Dark navy at bar), Mike Leveille (blue shirt at bar).  Our youngest competitor Alex Madison seated next to dad, David Madison.

Charlie begins to get "punch drunk" from the mental pummeling he is taking from the crowd.

Our Host for the night Mike Young holds court.  Barney  and Pete Buczowski listen intently.

Lou is kept on the edge of his seat by the excitement.

David Madison (I think) in black, Steve Hermann (in vest standing), Pete Roe (in vest seated), Cory Lewis (Navy in foreground), Mike W. (White), Dale M., Ralph B (Yellow), and Jeff Warne (I think) way in the background.

This one is not the best photo quality, but Dick has been clamoring for this particular pose since we left Cuscowilla.  Charlie strikes an imposing position as far as Mike was concerned.

Mike L., Bob Crosby, and need reminding on the rest.  (#4)

Our Sunday singles match group.  JP Morgan, Steve H., Rob Kimbal, and yours truly.

Post-game festivities.  L-R "Huckory", Pete B., Dick Daley, Mike "The Huckory Slayer" Whittaker, the back of Jonathan's head, Pete Lavallee, and Dale M.

Bill informs Jeff, Mike, Steve, Joe, and Carlyle of the early results as they come in.

Post-game festivities begin to wind down.  L-R  Bill, Carlyle Rood, Tom Renli, Geoff Gothro, and Roger Musgrove.

Well that is pretty much the highlights of my pictures of the weekend.   Let me know what you think.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2004, 12:32:24 AM by Daryl K. Boe »
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

Re:Cuscowilla Sat Night & Sunday Pics
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 09:58:37 PM »
I have gotten a few minutes and went back and added some more names in there.  Please email me or IM me if you have more names for me.

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Jeff Goldman

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 04:57:04 PM »
Daryl, Great stuff!!  And how about the transcript of Charlie telling the m-f story!
That was one hellacious beaver.

THuckaby2

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 05:02:59 PM »
Blue Guy - great stuff, thanks for posting.
I believe one and all can tell that a great
time was had by all.  One can certainly tell also
how I am suffering after my slaying at the hands
of the genteel Mr. Whitaker.
 ;D ;D ;D

I also kinda dig the name Huckory.

Yours in hickory brotherhood,

Huckory

Jason Mandel

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 05:10:03 PM »
after going through the pics, i forgot to mention the quote of the weekend by young alex madison.  While talking to Alex Chehansky, Alex madison mentioned he had a girlfriend, to whom Alex Chehansky responded by asking him who his girlfriend was. young alex madison's response "Your wife!"

You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 12:54:09 AM »
Jeff were you one of the guys who was there to hear "The Story" from Charlie?  I couldnt remember exactly who all was back there to hear that.

Unfortunately transcription of that is not only impossible, but wouldnt meet the standards of this DG anyway!  Plus it wouldnt even be funny without Charlie's impersonations.

Chip Gaskins

Re: Cuscowilla Sat Night & Sunday Pics
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 11:05:39 AM »
bump...great pictures of everyone

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 12:47:40 PM »
Chip - thanks for the bump - that was a damn fun weekend and this brings back some great memories.

THis pic also has been posted many times.... but this also occurred at the same great event.  5 hole hickory club alternate shot skins game... man that was more fun than golf really has any right to be.

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 01:03:20 PM »
Wow, you guys are much better looking than I would have guessed based on the fact that you post to a golf architecture DG. ;)
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 01:12:04 PM »
Wow, you guys are much better looking than I would have guessed based on the fact that you post to a golf architecture DG. ;)

LOL!
If anything we are all far nerdier in person.

;D

Chip Gaskins

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 01:13:21 PM »
Is that John Kavanaugh on far right in a blue shirt smoking a cigar in Tom's picture?

I was expecting Darth Vader or at least the man behind the curtain in Oz.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 01:40:11 PM »
Wrong Johns, Chip

Vander Borght on the far right, Kavanaugh on the far left.

Rich

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2008, 01:44:54 PM »
Wrong Johns, Chip

Rich

Rich, you have been away too long.

Far right is not John V... and I'm sure both would chuckle at the mistake... that is Daryl Boe.

But you do have Darth Kavanaugh correct.

TH

Tim Taylor

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »
Looks like a ton of fun. Wish I could have made it as Cuscowilla is one of my favorite courses.

One comment - my, oh my, what a *white* bunch of guys. I guess Tiger's influence isn't as great as some would believe  ;D

Tim

Kalen Braley

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2008, 01:55:56 PM »
Tim,

That would be some timewarp.  This is actually an old thread for an old event 4 years ago.

Rich Goodale

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2008, 01:59:16 PM »
Wrong Johns, Chip

Rich

Rich, you have been away too long.

Far right is not John V... and I'm sure both would chuckle at the mistake... that is Daryl Boe.

But you do have Darth Kavanaugh correct.

TH

Thanks, tom.  My first ever error in 8 years on this site...... ;)

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2008, 02:00:42 PM »
Rich - everyone's allowed one.  Just don't let it happen again.

;D

Mike Hendren

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 02:38:27 PM »
Chip - thanks for the bump - that was a damn fun weekend and this brings back some great memories.

THis pic also has been posted many times.... but this also occurred at the same great event.  5 hole hickory club alternate shot skins game... man that was more fun than golf really has any right to be.

For you youngsters out there, I am on the left of the group kneeling in front and can be seen demonstrating the "beverage bootleg" with my right hand.   I am a big believer in not being photographed with an adult beverage in hand given the widespread availability of the internet.

Bogey
Two Corinthians walk into a bar ....

Tim Taylor

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 02:54:54 PM »
Tim,

That would be some timewarp.  This is actually an old thread for an old event 4 years ago.

Come to think of it, I last played Cuscowilla four years ago. LOL.

Tim

Charlie Goerges

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2008, 04:45:41 PM »

LOL!
If anything we are all far nerdier in person.

;D

In all seriousness, that is what I love about this site. Everyone is a geek about something. If it's football or cars, you've got no problems, someone else near you is too. But my two geek loves: Golf (and obviously now the even more interesting GCA) and old tools are such that, without the web, I'd be in the fetal position, on the floor, talking to myself. :D

In less seriousness, I think the only person in any of those photos who was even close to my BMI was the 14 year-old kid.  ;)
Severally on the occasion of everything that thou doest, pause and ask thyself, if death is a dreadful thing because it deprives thee of this. - Marcus Aurelius

Bill_McBride

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 08:12:11 PM »

Dick Daley and I didn't get in the hickory event because we were busy getting lost trying to find Mike Young's Long Shadow course under construction, 3 years before Dixie Cup 2007!  :P

Doug Wright

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 12:27:35 PM »

Great fun indeed. TH you had a helluva partner for that hickory match as I recall... ;)

Twitter: @Deneuchre

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 12:29:37 PM »

Great fun indeed. TH you had a helluva partner for that hickory match as I recall... ;)

I did indeed.  Yours sucked.   ;D

Though I do recall making a decent putt to save a half of a skin on the crazily cool short par 4... #5?

Man that was fun....

TH

Doug Wright

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 12:35:09 PM »

I did indeed.  Yours sucked.   ;D

Though I do recall making a decent putt to save a half of a skin on the crazily cool short par 4... #5?

Man that was fun....

TH

Yes, Cuscowilla #5 is an excellent hole where options abound.
Twitter: @Deneuchre

Cory Lewis

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2008, 12:51:48 PM »
Wow, those pictures bring back a lot of great memories.  Even four years later I'm still very thankful to Bill McBride and all the others that helped organize such a wonderful event.
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back