News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

BigEdSC

Re:Thoughts on Cuscowilla
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2004, 08:26:47 PM »
Thanks to Bill on putting on a great event.  The weather was chamber of commerce perfect and the course was neat and challenging.  

I got to meet and play with some guys that were knowledgable in golf and also didn't take it as a life and death issue.

The hickory event was a hoot and I was forever impressed by some of the shots played.  Makes me want to take out my father's old clubs and try and play with them.

Thanks  again to everyone that participated.  Even though I live in Charleston, I played for the North. I guess the reason is even though I've lived in Charleston for 22 years, I'll always be considered a damned Yankee.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2004, 09:18:01 PM »
Ed, I will admit to some poor personnel decisions that probably cost the South the match!

Lou_Duran

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2004, 12:08:01 PM »
Bill,

I think that you did a great job, particularly with everything going on in FL, your family, and the election.  Despite the slow play, Cuscowilla was a joy to play.  Best of all, however, was your selection of personnel to make the matches fair and exciting.  Solomon could have used your sage advice.  I know that nobody from the North Team felt disenfranchised.  Therefore, I think that you ought to accept the position of the SE Unofficial-GCA  Events Director in perpetuity.

Thanks again for coordinating the 2004 event.  

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2004, 09:14:46 PM »
I second Lou's nomination......

All in favor.....Aye!

All Opposed......

Passed Bill McBride as SE Unofficial-GCA Events Director in perpetuity.

Great job on everything.  And even though Cuscowilla didnt live up to some of their pre-event promises for you Bill, it still was a resounding success!

Thanks for all the hard work.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

RJ_Daley

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2004, 09:23:23 PM »
Yeah yeah yeah... but what have you done for us lately?  You haven't even posted what your are planning for the gang now that you are a part time resident of the great northwest... ::) ;D  don't you think you ought to get busy on that? :o

The least you can do is get something together for spring at Bandon-Pac dunes, Pumpkin Ridge, and that goofy course Naccarato likes so much with holes down the middle of parrallel sand dunes... :P ;D 8)

What else you gonna do after taking the new grandchild for a buggy ride and putting her down for a nap?
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2004, 09:33:32 PM »
How soon they (at least R. J. Daley) forget!   :P   I have already cuddled the granddaughter, who is highly intelligent and very attractive at 3 weeks.  

A Pacific NW GCA outing would be great.  You guys will love Columbia Edgewater CC, my new summer home course, unless the membership committee blackballs me.  

I am already angling to get a new Southeastern GCA non-0fficial outing director on board.  We set the bar at Cuscowilla, now it's time for the younger generation to pick up the tempo and organize Fall 2005.  There is some discussion of an outing in the Pinehurst area, which would of course be wonderful.  Stay tuned!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2004, 10:01:57 PM »
I have already cuddled the granddaughter, who is highly intelligent and very attractive at 3 weeks.

Gee, she's got me beat right out of the blocks...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back