News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff_Mingay

"Doak's Diary"
« on: November 20, 2004, 05:49:19 PM »
I was browsing around the internet this afternoon and ran across the new and improved Renaissance Golf Design site (www.doakgolf.com).

Tom has a very interesting feature there, called "Doak's Diary". Although there are only two installments posted, they were fascinating reads.

Thought you all might enjoy them too. And, I look forward to more installments.
jeffmingay.com

Joe Hancock

Re:"Doak's Diary"
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 07:42:49 PM »
Jeff,

I was out walking a course the other day with Fred Muller, and he was relaying the IBF stories as portrayed by Doak. I like Tom's take on the widening gap between Pro level golf and the rest of us.

Thanks for pointing out the diary on the Renaisannce site.

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Tom_Doak

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 11:39:27 AM »
Thanks to Paul Hepner [Bruce's older bro] for getting our revised web site operational.

The diary part still has some work to do before I can add to it.  Hopefully it will be fully workable by the time I get back from New Zealand and Australia, because I hope to have some new things to write!

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2004, 08:54:27 PM »
I was out walking a course the other day with Fred Muller, and he was relaying the IBF stories as portrayed by Doak. I like Tom's take on the widening gap between Pro level golf and the rest of us.

It was interesting to read about Ian Baker Finch.  Good to know he really does study architecture.  The widening gap between pros and the rest of us is really bigger than just the pros.  The USGA Junior at my club this year was shocking (to me) by the bold play of using the driver on just about any hole.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back