News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

Kingsbarns Transitions
« on: November 18, 2004, 07:43:59 AM »
Kyle Phillips website has two VERY telling little Flash animations showing before and after views from the same viewpoints at KB.

http://www.kylephillips.com/home.html

No 1 artfully demonstrates how cool that 15th Hole site actually was and No 2 is especially indicative of the amount of dirt that got moved for KB!

Enjoy,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Andy Hughes

Re:Kingsbarns Transitions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 09:48:01 AM »
Really quite extraordinary. Thanks for the link FBD
"Perhaps I'm incorrect..."--P. Mucci 6/7/2007

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 10:04:04 AM »
Martin,

I understand that there is an absolutely fabulous book about the course that is scheduled to come out in the late spring. It is supposed to be filled with photos, illustrations and may even be somewhat well-written.

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 10:34:56 AM »
Andy,
That view of the 1st Hole from the tee is quite amazing isn't it! There must be about 50,000yds3 out of there alone!!!

Phil,
...and I gather the Author has had the pleasure of an on-site meeting with a certain Fat Baldy Drummer!!!

How goes progress, Phil? I trust it's all coming together!

FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Robert Thompson

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 02:17:38 PM »
My understanding was that Dr. David Malcolm was doing the book -- if that's the case, it'll be full of charm and insight, as Dr. Malcolm is an amazing man.

Isn't the opening shot at Kingsbarns remarkable? It is a terrific hole on a terrific course. Time will be kind to Kingsbarns.

Robert
Terrorizing Toronto Since 1997

Read me at Canadiangolfer.com

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 05:13:45 PM »
Robert,

Doc Malcom's biography, when last I spoke with him, is scheduled for release right before the Open at St. Andrews in 2005.

Actually, I have been retained by Kingsbarns to write their book. It is scheduled for released in May, 2005. I am very excited with the photos. I just received three CDs worth to look at and am stunned by their beauty. These are from four different photographers, including Iain Lowe and Joann Dost.

If I could figure out how to post photos to the site, I would put a few of them up.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back