News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Mark_Rowlinson

Perranporth
« on: November 04, 2004, 12:59:45 PM »
I know one or two of you played here earlier in the year and liked it.  From their website:

Membership: We are currently offering  membership at a great price so you could become a full Member of one of Cornwall's finest courses for only £195.00. The joining fee of £250 has effectively been waived in the short-term. This offer is available at present for a limited period only.

NAF

Re:Perranporth
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 01:49:08 PM »
That would be me and the slackjaw pirate Paul Turner..

David_Tepper

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 01:52:18 PM »
Mark-

Thanks for the heads up on Perranporth. Cornwall is a very nice corner of the UK. I have played St. Endoc & Trevose, but not Perrnaporth.  However, I am tempted to join just becuase I hate to miss a bargain!

Keep up the great work on the golf course pictures. Thanks.

DT

ed_getka

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 02:19:51 PM »
Perranporth is worth joining just because of their cool logo. Imagine that, you can join a good golf club for less than the price of one round of golf at Pebble Beach.
  Why the bargain on entry? Are rounds played significantly off over in the UK also?
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 02:25:37 PM »
Ed,

I think you'd be surprised how many traditional British clubs are having to suspend entry fees because of falling memberships.  Around Manchester there are unglamorous suburban clubs having enormous difficulty finding members willing to pay £250 or £300, even Reddish Vale, a Mackenzie gem.  

On the other hand, if you open a boring 'American-style' (whatever that may be) 'Championship' (whatever that may be) course and call it a 'Golf and Country Club' you can usually con the nouveau riche into parting with a few thousand in order to be able to show off their latest Porsche or BMW in the car park, or even fly in in your helicopter.  You may even catch a glimpse of a Manchester United footballer who has been given free membership (and, my goodness, they can afford to pay!).

Paul_Turner

can't get to heaven with a three chord song

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back