News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Gary_K

Hurdzan-Fry Book
« on: November 03, 2004, 11:49:07 PM »
Has anyone purchsed or seen the book "Selected Golf Courses - Photos and Essays Volume 1" by Hurdzan/Fry?

http://www.hurdzanfry.com/Book-Sale-1a.htm

I was wonder if it's a good addition to a golf course architecture afficionado's library.  Thanks.

Gary K.

Sam Sikes

Re:Hurdzan-Fry Book
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 11:56:37 PM »
Gary,

The Hurdzan/Fry book has plenty of good pictures, and good descriptions of the developers/developments and their roles in the projects.  Many of the courses that are profiled may not suit the participants of this board, but I always enjoy them.  Also, having interacted with Hurdzan-Fry during the construction of the Ledges in Huntsville, AL, I can attest that they really have a unique approach to course development that anyone can learn from.  I cannot see why it wouldn't be a good addition to any library. 8)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 11:57:55 PM by Sam Sikes »

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 12:56:37 AM »
Its a really great book with lots of great pictures of H&F courses, as well as their thoughtful and detailed descriptions.

That being, what golf architecture book, isn't a great golf architecture book to have for any collection?

Brad Tufts

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 11:11:01 AM »
This is a pretty book, with many beautiful pics and diagrams. It gives a good scope to the Hurdzan-Fry portfolio.  It doesn't add too much to the discourse, but I don't think it professed to do that at the beginning.  

Funny that my copy has a different photo on the front cover....

--Brad
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back