News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

Re:Who Was the Deepest Thinker?
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2004, 02:40:18 PM »
"Unknown to but a few, Tilly started giving lessons after the debacle over his amateur status in the teens."

Philip:

You're not kidding! Tell us about Tillinghast's situation throughout his career with his amateur status. When did he start being paid for his golf architecture? Before the definition finally came down from the USGA maybe in the late teens it sure wasn't too kosher to be a professional architect and expect to also be an amateur competitor!

TEPaul

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2004, 02:48:14 PM »
Philip, you may not agree---matter of fact you may even take some umbrage at the notion but I, for one, believe that Tillinghast was the deepest of all thinkers while in the field in the mysterious art of conceptual architecture. I call it "flask architecture" and I'm doing my best to encourage its return. I've sent out only four free flasks to current architects so far (they have to swear on their mother's eyes they'll agree to use the flask in the field) and the results should be forthcoming in a year or two. I'd like to see more take me up on my offer but there're obviously way too many clean livers out there today and the creativity level probably shows it. I feel if I could get a good two dozen flasks out there we'd be into the second cycle of the great "Golden Age of Architecture".

Phil_the_Author

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2004, 04:08:32 PM »
Tom,

That might almost be a good subject for another thread - Who among modern architects could most benefit from receiving a genuine TEPaul flask!

T_MacWood

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2004, 04:23:13 PM »
Phil
I'd nominate Rees Jones for the flask. If he already drinks perhaps something larger like a wine skin or boda bag. If that doesn't work, payote or mushrooms may be the answer.

Max Behr's writing style and thought process took a turn when he moved to California, I've often wondered if he had cacti on his property.

TEPaul

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2004, 04:47:24 PM »
"Max Behr's writing style and thought process took a turn when he moved to California, I've often wondered if he had cacti on his property."

Poor Max, I really feel sorry for the guy. His was the waste of a truly "beautiful mind". He probably should've realized he needed to teach all you boobies the little baby steps first before he launched into the good stuff and the deep stuff!   ;)

TEPaul

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2004, 04:53:26 PM »
"Who among modern architects could most benefit from receiving a genuine TEPaul flask!"

Phil:

I'd have to think about that but I'll tell you this---if I could get Tom Fazio to use one of my flasks in the field on a semi regular basis and agree to park his army of D-8s so he wouldn't have the opportunity to keep undressing and redressing Mother Nature, I think I'd be ready to rest my case and pack up my keyboard for the rest of time!   ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back