News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Mandel

Casa De Campo
« on: October 14, 2004, 11:31:17 PM »
I will be in Casa De Campo for one day on a cruise that I am going on that stops there at the end of December.  Since I only have time I believe to play one course, I assume Teeth of the Dog is the course to play, although I have heard great things about Dye Fore.  

Can anyone who's been there give me any tips on booking this round.  I did a google search for the course and resort but could not find anything reliable.

Also if anyone has been there has any idea how close the course is to the area where the cruise ships dock, that information would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for the help.

Jason Mandel
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

cary lichtenstein

Re:Casa De Campo
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 02:30:23 AM »
If the ship is going to dock there for the nite, perhaps you can get permission to get let off early, get the first tee time at Teeth of the Dog, and then play to Dye Fore.

Assuming 7 is the first time, you can get done by 10 easily, etc.

Contact your ship as to time and docking arrangements.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 11:53:33 AM »
I spent my honeymoon at Casa de Campo and had a great time.  This was 15 years ago so before Dye Fore.  I have no idea where cruise ships dock but hopefully its not near the capital Santo Domingo which is an hour away.  

I havedn't played Dye Fore but in looking at the pictures, I just don't see anything that looks interesting.  You can't miss playing Teeth of the dog, really superb golf that isn't as tough as it used to be but a visual, exciting golf course.

Jason Mandel

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 01:24:21 PM »
Thansk for the report Joel.  I know our cruise docks in the town of Casa de Campo, so I figure it can't be too far from the course.

Cary,
I am looking into what time our cruise docks, but may just play Teeth and ride around Dye Fore just to see it.  I have heard Teeth costs around 150 US dollars and offer caddies for about 15-20 bucks.

Jason
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

Lou_Duran

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 03:27:48 PM »
I've done the cruise-play thing and it is not as easy as it sounds.  My recollection is that it took about a half an hour to get picked up at the ship and taken to the course.  Also, it took awhile after I got done to get a ride back.  I was the only one on the ship to take that excursion, and hauling golf clubs for one round was more trouble than it was worth.

Also, Teeth of the Dog course has been closed for modifications and it may not be open in Dec.  You may wish to contact the club.  My son was there for 10 days this past June and enjoyed the Dye course.  

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 04:00:59 PM »
My son was there for 10 days this past June and enjoyed the Dye course.  

Golf on his honeymoon, always a good way to start a marriage.  You taught him well.   ;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 04:01:33 PM by Scott_Burroughs »

ChipOat

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 05:06:54 PM »
If the hassles are manageable, Teeth of the Dog is an awesome layout.  WAY under-discussed on GCA - probably due to lack of exposure from the denizons of the Treehouse.

The Links Course used to be pretty good back in the days when it was the only other option besides the Teeth.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back