News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

MLevesque

Congratulations to Anthony Pioppi for his wonderful interview of Yale's Scott Ramsay (TurfNet Radio 6/14/18 podcast and transcribed in CT State Association's August 2018 Link's magazine.).  Anthony and Scoot discuss the slow but steady restoration of Yale since he arrived back in 2003.  They touch on greens, trees, staffing challenges and the possibility of the much anticipated restoration of the original punchbowl green at #3!
I am Skew!

SL_Solow

Re: "Greens, ,trees and a punchbowl-talking Yale's transformation"
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 09:10:24 PM »
Let's not forget about the critical contributions of our friends, the late great George Bahto and Geoff Childs.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 09:55:59 PM »
Shel, yes, it does not in any way diminish the work of a well-respected pro like Scott Ramsay to note how remarkable an impact for good amateurs & outsiders like George and Geoff (and at Cobb's Creek, Mike and Joe) can make. And for that matter, volunteers like you with Chicago Golf or Bob C with the history-side of the USGA....You all do good work & are involved in good works. A tip of the hat to you all
P

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 09:58:28 PM by Peter Pallotta »

SL_Solow

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 10:27:31 PM »
I may be involved in golf in Chicago via the CDGA and otherwise but no one should think that I have anything to do with the Chicago Golf Club.  They don't need any advice from me.

Peter Pallotta

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »
Excuse the confusion: I used 'Chicago Golf' as a shorthand for 'golf in the Chicago area'....didn't realize it was shorthand also for *the* club there...
Now, back to Yale! 

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back