News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Top 10 List and GCA is on it!
« on: September 13, 2004, 08:29:22 PM »
Gary Van Sickle's current si.com has a list of the Top 10 Golf Websites. GCA squeezed in at #10. Check it out:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/gary_van_sickle/09/13/underground.golfer/index.html

Jeff_Mingay

Re:Top 10 List and GCA is on it!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 08:43:32 PM »
One of the top-10 golf websites on the planet and Ran's not milking it for all it's worth! Says something about the mentality of "golf's most beloved figure", doesn't it?!?!

God bless him  :)
jeffmingay.com

JakaB

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 09:27:33 PM »
We only made the top ten because we are better at pissing off Darren Kilfara than even Von Sickle....anyone got some big pics to post..

Mike Benham

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 10:31:51 PM »
Van Sickles states:  "The World Wide Web is so vast that it can be difficult to find what you're looking for. So here's my list of 10 essential golf Web sites -- not including SI.com's Golf Plus page ..."[/i] but he only lists 9 ... am I reading that right?

Anyway, Geoff makes #7 ...  

"... and I liked the guy ..."

Scott_Burroughs

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 11:06:33 PM »
Van Sickles states:  "The World Wide Web is so vast that it can be difficult to find what you're looking for. So here's my list of 10 essential golf Web sites -- not including SI.com's Golf Plus page ..."[/i] but he only lists 9 ... am I reading that right?

Mike,

I think the 10th he refers to is in the last paragraph in the Golfobserver.com section:

"It also offers Sal Johnson's GolfStats, the only place you can find players' tournament scores and results dating back to the 1970s. Golf writers I know liberally steal ideas from the day's top stories and we frequently do research on GolfStats."

Gotta love that first sentence in the description of GCA.com:

"This is where golf-course architecture geeks come to die."

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 01:52:10 PM »
SI writes, " Lots of limited-interest articles and essays, but if you're an architecture junkie, you'll probably get into it."

So - we're of limited interest?   ;)

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 07:12:28 PM »
I'm surprised CGA made the top ten...I have loads of friends who could give a rats ass for golf course architecture...and they are all good players...too bad for them, they are missing alot, but that is what makes horse races
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back