News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Joe Andriole

Waterville Golf Links
« on: September 09, 2004, 08:22:54 PM »
During a discussion this evening a touring pro friend of mine commented that Tom Fazio had completed a renovation of Waterville Golf Links and greatly improved the course.  I didn't know "Faz" would travel that far from home to leave his imprint; perhaps no place is safe.  Anyone have additional information on the recent renovation.  

grandwazo

Re:Waterville Golf Links
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 09:59:11 PM »
played the course in the summer of 2003 and it was my favorite during the trip.  there has been discussion on the board regarding the turf choice which seemed to be the biggest change, everything else seemed to be relatively subtle based on the discussions we had with the caddies and the locals.  if you go to http://www.watervillegolflinks.com/ there is a lot of info with regards to the changes made.  the day spent at waterville was the purest golf experience we had during our 7 day trip, although the breakfast at teach de broc at ballybunion was not bad either.

SPDB

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 10:14:12 PM »
Does Meriwether still (part) own this place, or did the consortium of banks that bailed out LTCM take title to it?

paul cowley

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 08:27:54 AM »
....haviing played waterville numerous times over the past 30+ years , i think the fazio improvements were accomplished seamlessly and are a great improvement ,especially on the opening holes which lacked the more rugged charactor of the rest of the course.....looking forward to my next trip there.
...finding 18 fairway when the wind is up can be a little dicey, but i then just play left to the adjacent fairway for a tad longer but equally challenging par five finisher.
paul cowley...golf course architect/asgca

Forrest Richardson

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2004, 11:28:22 PM »
Waterville was beautiful last year — the work was nearly complete, at least so I was told. Most of the changes made were subtle and involved drainage and nominal adjustments to improve a variety of areas; mostly conditions of the course.
— Forrest Richardson, Golf Course Architect/ASGCA
    www.golfgroupltd.com
    www.golframes.com

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back