News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Patrick_Mucci

Re:Golfweek All-Star Raters...
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2004, 11:03:41 PM »
Michael Moore,

I'm not familiar with the song, "Another brick in the wall part II".

You're incorrect, I never celebrated my role as a dictator of a green committee, although I believe strongly in the principle.

I didn't bring up the requirement of attending the seminar/symposium at Hidden Creek as a prerequisite to playing Hidden Creek, you did.  I took objection to your wise guy remark because you've contributed nothing in the way of providing off-site get togethers, which entail an enormous commitment of one's time and effort in scheduling, planning and managing these very productive events.

Your punchline is as flawed as your attempt at humor.

The value of the get togethers is demonstrated, not by the perceptions of value from someone in the peanut gallery, but by their quality, as evidenced by the strength of the participants, attendees and evaluative reviews

Please feel free to plan, construct and manage a GCA get together any time you wish, under any guidelines you choose.

The GCA.com events that I put together at Alpine and Baltusrol were well attended and well received because the people attending were INTERESTED in GOLF COURSE ARCHITECTURE, and not the opportunity of playing a good golf course.

To insure that an event that I put together will continue to be presented and attended by people whose primary interest is in golf course architecture and not in playing golf, the price of admission/golf will be seminar attendence.

Your wise guy remark has also caused me to change the spring get together at Hidden Creek from an open event to an invitational.  How does that relate to perceived value ?

And, does that clear the air ?

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2004, 08:08:21 AM »
My gracious has this topic strayed....

A_Clay_Man

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2004, 10:05:36 AM »
Isn't it closer to brainwashing?

If you have limited exposure to the varied architecture how qualified are you know what's good, or better?

Chicagoans (and most others too) are so conditioned to the tree-lined pond riddled version of this game, they accept it as the way it's all suppose to be.

It's so ironic that when C.B. started batting a ball around, in Chicago, he was met with rants and ridicule from the ignorant.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2004, 10:05:59 AM by Adam Clayman »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back