News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jim Franklin

Split Fairways
« on: September 07, 2004, 09:40:09 AM »
Are they a design flaw or a strategic option? I played a course that had three split fairways and I thought they were interesting. I thought they gave the player a variety of ways to play a hole and, if you are playing the course a lot, then it provides a variety of challenges each time. The course would not get boring as it would play differently.
Mr Hurricane

A_Clay_Man

Re:Split Fairways
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 10:28:26 AM »
Every fairgreen should be of a split nature. With centerline nastiness, the game is a foote.

Todd_Eckenrode

Re:Split Fairways
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 12:19:31 PM »
I put in 2 at Barona with drainageways separating the fairways, and 2 more if you count the "effect" of the center bunker on #4, and the solitary oak on #1.  One luxury we had there was space, which allowed me to consider this.  It posed a great challenge to design, to be honest, because I'd played so many that didn't work.  You really want the player to stand over that shot and be tempted to take the riskier route, or for it to make sense that one avenue is preferred for a certain player, or under a certain circumstance (wind, pin, etc.).  To have the player understand the strategies for that particular day, and for the shot to make sense is the tough part.  It was great fun to design.  

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back