News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

TEPaul

Re:Is there accountability on this site?
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2004, 12:33:46 PM »
There's some really interesting stuff coming out of these raging arguments over the DRS and libelous behavior and so forth but the most interesting of all by a couple of country miles is a number of the participants are beginning to admit they're FAT!

This is the most revolting development I've heard to date by far, and therefore, I suggest that Ran Morrissett put all the fat people who've participated in this thread on at least a month's double secret probation!

Matter of fact, the subject of FAT puts in mind an extremely interesting architectural question I'd like to direct to Matt Ward, as he's far more up on these things than any of us;

"Who was the highest ranked "FAT" architect in the State of New Jersey?"
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 12:42:05 PM by TEPaul »

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2004, 12:40:53 PM »
TEPaul,
I have not participated in this thread, but I want to state categorically that I am NOT fat!

Also, last winter TommyN sent me a yip cure in the hopes of getting me to abandon the belly putter.  Using my old Anser2, I want to report that in my club tournament this past weekend, I took 27 putts on Sat., and 31 on Sunday (with a 4 jack on a stupid pin position!)  On Sat., I had 11 putts on the front nine and 20 through 15 holes.

This thread could use some hijacking, so here's my part.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

TEPaul

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2004, 12:45:37 PM »
"TEPaul,
I have not participated in this thread, but I want to state categorically that I am NOT fat!"

AG;

OK then, you're off the hook for now but I'm telling you Pal, you damn well better watch your diet very carefully around here or you could be in some serious trouble!!!

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2004, 02:49:22 PM »
A.G. --

Talk about burying the lead. For godsakes, man, share Tommy's anti-yip secret with the rest of us. If you think it is too off-topic, I will be more than happy to accept an IM. Please (tournament coming up on Saturday.) :)
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2004, 03:18:16 PM »
Rick,
It is a series of practice drills, which I have on email at home.  I'll forward the email to you tonight when I get home.  However, it probably isn't a cure for an event as soon as this Saturday; only an IV drip of your favorite beer will work that soon!
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Bill_McBride

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2004, 03:20:05 PM »
Swing oil, right?   ;)  ;D

TEPaul

« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2004, 04:05:17 PM »
Rick Shefchik:

Don't you listen to all this anti-yip crap with drills and stuff like that---it'll never work.

I have the only yip-proof solution in existence!

It's very simple and I call it "Think Stupid"!!

You totally expunge from your mind all things like drills, putting mechanics, and even consequences and focus only on the simple problem of getting the ball from here to there--nothing more. The how of it is of no importance whatsoever! Again, it's called "Think Stupid!"

Smart people get the yips because they think too damned much, stupid people very rarely get the yips and really stupid people like me absolutely never!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 04:06:29 PM by TEPaul »

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2004, 04:56:39 PM »
Thank you, Tom --

As those who have played with me will attest, I am very capable of adopting the "think stupid" method. I do several times a round. Unfortunately, it rarely, if ever, happens on the green. But I know what you mean -- my best putting rounds this year have been tres stupide. (Dan Kelly has another name for this attitude: "In 100 years, we'll all be dead.")

Pending the arrival -- and effectiveness -- of Tommy's "cure," I will do what I can to work myself into a state of complete idiocy by the time I next stop onto a putting surface. I'm so close already...
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

JakaB

« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2004, 05:38:59 PM »

I'm not sure I would have acted much differently if pushed like that and I doubt many of you would either.

Hell Golden,  Fay was a pussycat compared to your legendary temper tantrums...he didn't throw anything or stomp around..
« Last Edit: August 31, 2004, 08:17:49 PM by John B. Kavanaugh »

TEPaul

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2004, 05:51:07 PM »
"...he didn't throw anything or stomp around.."

How do you know Kavanaugh? Were you with him?

;)

George Pazin

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2004, 05:53:18 PM »
I posted on Dave M's now deleted letter thread that I feel everyone should stop with the personal stuff re: Michael Fay and the DRS. It seems as though every time he posts, someone brings up this topic, and frankly, if the board of the DRS is satisfied, that should be the end of the issue. If anyone has further complaints, they should take it up with the board, not post it on this site.

That doesn't excuse Mr. Fay's response to Tommy, but he has apologized, and it's time to put that matter to rest and get on with architectural discussion.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back