News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

LenBum

Re:Best Fall Course
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2004, 07:56:51 PM »

Somerset Hills

Gerry B

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2004, 12:54:33 AM »
Toronto area in mid to late October is fantastic -numerous courses that will do the trick - beautiful foliage on some great courses that would be highly rated if they were located south of the border  

Tom_Doak

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2004, 06:58:34 AM »
I'm away from home so much of the time that I really forgot to think about northern Michigan, but there is some great fall color here, too around the first week of October.  Treetops and Black Forest can be awesome on an Indian summer day.

Jonathan Cummings

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2004, 07:35:10 AM »
"What's Fall?"

Tommy - that has to be one of the top ten posts of all time!  I split a gut!

Mark Brown

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2004, 09:19:58 PM »
I agree with John Stiles -- NC Mountains. I live in Hilton Head and you'll never see great fall foliage in the Carolina Lowcountry. But the weather's great in Oct.

Jeff Shelman

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2004, 11:55:29 PM »
For you Midwestern types, a suggestion. When I played the Palmer-designed Tournament Club of Iowa earlier this summer, I repeatedly thought, "Boy I bet this place is beautiful when the colors are changing."

Adam_Messix

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2004, 11:57:41 AM »
I'm a bit biased, but I agree with some of the others and say Wade Hampton and Highlands CC.....both have really good golf and great scenery.  

If you are looking solely for views and dramatics, then Highlands Cove would win hands down.  The view from the 1st Hole and 3rd tee make it worth the look.  The view from behind #8 at Trillium is nice too.  

The weather can be really iffy up here in October, it can be great or awful depending on the year.  After October 15, it is usually chilly and windy up here.  The first frost usually comes sometime in mid September.  The majority of the leafy trees will turn color soon thereafter.  Believe it or not, we have a couple of trees changing color currently and they do it this time every year.  

As a rule, the drier the summer, the better the foliage.  This year has been the wettest in quite a while, even wetter than last year.  Therefore, don't expect a great leaf season this year.  The 2001 and 2002 "drought" years had awesome color.  

RJ_Daley

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2004, 10:11:57 PM »
A crisp fall day with a northern mostly sunny sky at the peak of the color will make the most average of golf courses feel like it would be OK if it were your last to play.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

rjsimper

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2004, 12:59:48 PM »
Taconic :)

The 15th tee shot is stunning in the fall...

Top100Guru

« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2004, 08:55:29 PM »
Myopia Hunt Club............that gets my vote!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Perry

« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2004, 12:04:59 AM »

John_Lovito

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2004, 08:12:46 AM »

My favorite fall course has always been Shinnicock.

The weather is perfect for golf on the east-end of Long Island in the fall and the color contrast between the fairways and the fescue is beautiful, especially late in the day.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back