News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David_Tepper

Royal Liverpool's Comeback
« on: August 08, 2004, 12:29:44 AM »
Here is the link to a semi-puff piece on Royal Liverpool/Hoylake:

www.golfweb.com/story/7557884

michael j fay

Re:Royal Liverpool's Comeback
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2004, 03:29:18 PM »
Thanks David.

I have been to Hoylake four times and every time I go there I find something else to like.

This place absolutely reeks of history and class. It is one of the very best venues in all of England and an must for anyone in the area. The Club, the Secretary, the Pro Shop and especially the golf course are all wya above the norm. The portraits of Jones and John Ball that hang on the staircase are among my  favorites in the game.

Ash Towe

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 06:39:50 PM »
This is one of the great courses of the British Isles.  A bit out of the way but well worth the effort to get there.
Leave plenty of time to have a look around the memorabilia in the clubhouse.  They have a remarkabble collection.

Philip Gawith

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 08:26:06 AM »
david - i am a member at hoylake. let me know if you ever want to schedule a game there when you over in these parts. they have a competition in early september when members can play the championship course - i thought i might go up there for a bit of humiliation!

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 09:15:52 PM »
Philip I wish you had come to the Painswick event. It would have been great to meet another member of treehouse.

Philip Gawith

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 04:09:58 AM »
 i would also loved to have been there, but it clashed with an established annual trip to dornoch and there was no way to square the circle. i am also keen to meet other members of the treehouse. so far i have met only two, so i have a long way to go!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back