News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Harshbarger

Re: Copake CC (Devereux Emmet, 1921)--Copake Lake, NY
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 09:09:32 PM »
Ronald,

If I can swing it I'd love to join you, but don't hold a spot for me.  Played it before but want to see it with "new eyes.".

Dave
The trouble with modern equipment and distance—and I don't see anyone pointing this out—is that it robs from the player's experience. - Mickey Wright

John Foley

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 08:52:23 AM »
Ron,

I was there on Tuesday afternoon - very crowded so I only got in the front 9 - liked what I saw.

Enjoy & report back.
Integrity in the moment of choice

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2011, 08:26:03 PM »
Tim Martin and I (and any two other dudes) are playing Copake this Saturday at 10 AM...if anyone wants to join us, let me know somehow.
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tim Martin

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2011, 08:02:26 PM »
Had a blast today with Ron Montesano on a really fun golf course. If you have any familiarity with Dev Emmet the greens and surrounds are easily identifiable. Although this was my first play it was easy to spot the restorative work done by Mark and Scott in expanding the greens and their bunker work using native grasses around the perimeter. Ron and I found that bouncing the ball in instead of flying it to the hole was the way to go. The greens which are pretty small have some subtle internal contours and the putts above the hole were plenty quick. I will definitely take a trip back in the fall as the surrounds when enhanced by the foliage must be terrific. Although only 65 miles from Hartford you can`t get much more in the "middle of nowhere"(in a good way) than this.

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2011, 09:31:51 PM »
Awesome to hear you and Ron enjoyed Copake today, Tim.  What were your favorite holes/moments?

--Tim
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Ronald Montesano

« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2011, 10:51:43 PM »
Top Ten Favorite Moments, In Reverse Order:

10-Shaking Tim's Hand
9-Realizing we were going to walk and that I had to lug my camera equipment
8-The green edges that Mark Fine and Scott Witter recaptured
7-The bunkers that Mark Fine and Scott Witter recaptured
6-My flop shot from behind #10 green that scraped the clouds, landed softly...and rolled 50 feet off the front of the green!
5-half-par holes
4-every green on the course! they are so tilted and canted that you have to putt to spots, rather than try to make putts
3-hot dog at turn...hot day to walk the hills made it taste great and disappear instantly
2-Tim driving back fringe on par 4 #13 and being back fringe in two on par 5 #15
1-Tim telling me that my blind 9-iron into #14 had found the cup for an eagle. The guys building the new tee box on 15 started jumping up and down.

The pictures are going up here: http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f140/buffalogolfer/Copake%20Country%20Club_July_2011/
Coming in 2024
~Elmira Country Club
~Soaring Eagles
~Bonavista
~Indian Hills
~Maybe some more!!

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back