News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

APBernstein

Re:Drunken Corporate Scramble Etiquette
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2004, 03:55:10 PM »
One of the funnier drunken golf moments that I have been apart of actually happened on Pinehurst #2 a few years back when I was still caddying there.  The group teed off at about 1 PM with about 10 groups.  Each player had their own caddy and a 5th caddy accompanied each group whose sole job was to carry a cooler filled with assorted beers and liquors.  I carried a player's bag but did try picking up that cooler and was very glad I was carrying golf clubs it was so heavy(though, it did get lighter as the round went on).

Anyways, we get to the 9th tee and there are about 5 groups backed up around the tee, mostly because of the halfway house.  Well, these groups get so tired of waiting (or they were just impatiently drunk....probably a mixture of both) that they decide they are all going to play the hole at once.

So here we are, at Pinehurst #2, the site of the 1999 United States Open Championship, playing a 20-some down the 9th hole.  Now, take into account we have 20 players, 20 caddies, and 5 beer caddies, which makes for a total of 45 people walking towards the 9th green.

That single hole took 45 minutes to play, but under the circumstances, it was the highlight of the round.  The groups split up on the 10th hole so the entire round was not bogged down, well it was, but not to the extent a 20-some would have.

All in all, a blast.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back